Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1669 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Shov Winter 2013-2014 Sativa Grow

Pretty pretty babies. God, I think we even do the same plant lables! Cut up milk jugs & sharpie marker! Hey, re-use, re-cycle. Since your varieties will stretch a lot & will be in flower about 14 wks, how tall do you think they will be at finish? My attic & basement both had low ceilings (camper even lower), & that has always prevented me from having thoes tall slow flowering sativas indoors

I've been able to keep them around 3' even with a full 8 week veg. But these will not be topped (except the six already done). LST also works well to develop multiple colas and short stature. I've had a few very odd flower and plant formations growing these sativa dominant haze strains. They are very interesting to grow and the NH has my favorite flavor.

Yut, I do reuse my cut milk jug labels. I clean them off with alcohol. I also save/reuse the pieces of solid copper electrical wire I use to train the plants and hang things up.

3.   Advertisements

That's amazingly compact for sativa dominates. I'm impressed! Very few people seem to know you can remove permant ink with alcohol. I learned that when I kept getting ink stains in the bottoms of my lab coat pockets! Seems we have more similarities that just growing techniques. When I painted my closet white the other day, I realized the wheel well raised the closet floor 1 1/2', so by the time I hang my lights, I'll only have 4' , maybe a little less for finished plant height. I hate to be so limited. Found 2 strains that are really compact, one of them are on sale, so guess I'll be going with the arora indica. I think it was like 10 seeds for $33. You know anything about this variety you can tell me?. Oh, since we're both into re-using, I found a nursery who sell used 1gal pots, .10 cents each. So I break out the bleach (ugh! Hate that smell) HOT water & a scrub brush. Cant beat that price! One year I had some landscape fabric left over, so I set up the sewing machine & made grow bags. Hey, what can I say, I'm a cheap date! LOL!!~~~PEACE!~~~

home-made grow bags are great. I have also used smart pots and reusable fiber shopping bags. I bought a bag of (25) 3 gallon grow bags so I decided to go with them this time as I'm cramming a lot of green into a minimum of space. Cost $.30 each.
    I do not know that strain. It sounds like a Northern Lights type (Afghanica).
    I have been buying my seeds from Mr. Nice Seed Auction. Some great deals. I bought the European Outdoor strain for 50E for a gram (50-60 seeds) the Mango Haze cost maybe 100E but I got 25 seeds in the pack (18 minimum usually). There are many strains that go much cheaper and they are mostly premier strains.
    I grew out some sativas indoors 2010 and 2011 and the grow logs should be here on cannabis.com.

Ready to go 12/12. (2) 400 watt HPS w/ 216 watts of Grow spectrum T5HO. I just went back to look at the harvest of some of these strains from back in 2010. Crazy looking shit and really good smoke.

Catbuds, I think digital ballast can keep your heat down, but I also think they're pricey. In the end, you just need to burn enough power to get the job done.

Hey Poleski, Catbuds has her own threads. This is my grow log, thanks. I don't mind answering questions but please post unrelated topics to the correct threads.

I don't have think I've seen you mention if you use fem seeds or not. I'm trying to decide which way to go with that. If I like this new strain, would kinda like to keep the strain going, but since I'm not ordering many seeds, maybe I'd be better with all females. Whats the most potent strain you have going? I'm already thinking about next springs outdoor grow.~~~~PEACE!~~~~

Great questions.

I buy regular seeds. But when the plants grow out one may have a couple of seeds from self pollination. These are feminized and I do save them if the weed is up to quality. If a plant hermies and puts out seed (or seeds other adjacent plants) I will not save those seeds. This grow is all regular seeds. The most potent strain is the Neville's Haze so certain phenos of the Z-11 x NH hybrids may be top shelf. The SSH and MH are also top shelf genetics. They are very similar as the mothers were sister plants when the breeders worked these strains. Selections were made to offer different tastes though the genetics appear the same for both Mango Haze and Super Silver Haze (NL5 x NH) x Skunk1 x NH). Same-o for my Z-11 x NH strains. Selection of a Z-11 indica dominant mother verses a rare sativa dominant mother with the same Neville's Haze father produced two different strains, though some phenos of each may be very close to the same thing.

These strains may not be the best for outdoors in my climate. The Neville's Haze is best in a tropical climate. The SSH and MH may be a little less demanding.

I'm zone 7, close to 6 on the USDA map. Do you know what zone you are. Back in the 70's, to bud some of the long flowering late mexican varieties (making sure they finished before the first hard killing frost), I used to run out every night around 5:30-6m & cover with a very dark green sheet of plastic untill after dark, beginning mid august. Total pain in the butt for a teenager. Couldnt leave the house till I took off the sheets. Killed my social life till the end of sept. but it worked. Now old age & arthritis won't let me sling sheets over those plants! Ha! Lot of work for stuff that wasn't even that good. Then I discovered skunk & never again planted seed that came out of a bag of brown crap! But my thought here is, there's a lot of good sativa strains out there that are late to finish. If you want the BIG outdoor plants, what's your technique? (Reading your threads & seeing your harvest dates, I figured you for around zone 5 or 6). ~~~~PEACE! ~~~~

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast