Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1557 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

I never thought marijuana use would be for me.

My name is Andrew, I'm 23 years old from Toronto, Ontario and I'd like to share my story and hear some of your opinions.

First off, I am fairly new to marijuana. I don't think I'm you're typical smoker, but as time goes on I see morr and more how many marijuana smokers don't fit the usual stereotype.

I've suffered from extremely painful migranes triggered by weather changes since an early age. They always happen suddenly but in a predictable fashion usually when summer turns to fall and when winter turns to spring.

It starts with the flashing in the corner of my eye and gets progressivly worse untill I either pass out or vomit. I've learned to deal with the pain over the years, but as I've gotten older the nausea that follows has gotten worse. The extreme pain usually lasts 2-4 hours but the motion sickness can last 12-72 hours and basically sticks me to the couch for that time.

I'd like to mention that I feel like an accomplished person in great mental and physical shape. I run 30+ kkilometers a week and train at a boxing/mui thai gym every saturday afternoon and wednesday night. I am 3 months from being a licenced electrician as well.

I have a friend with a very bad case of chromes disease and a medical licence. I used to laugh at him, in my ignorance I used to believe his medical condition was his "excuse to be a pot head". But he swore it helped him and one afternoon at his place about 2 years ago a migrane started. After an hour on his couch in pain he convinced me to try his medocal pot.

Untill this point in my life I had only smoked a handful of times..late night at a party after drinking. I had never experienced marijuana in a controled environment on its own.

This os what I experienced. While it only helped moderate pain, the nausea only lasted about an hour. I was in a weed coma within 3 hours and woke up feeling much better than I usually do. We smoked one more time after and within 3 more hours I was hungry again.

Thiswas unheard of in my life as of that moment. I realized that there was more to marijuana than I had previously thought that day. Since then I have always kept a few grams on stash just incase. Ive only used about an ounce and a half since that day.

My problem now is that my friend has moved to europe for work. He left me with a half ounce but I'm afraid of what's going to happen when I run out.

So here I am thinking of doing something I never thoght I'd do. I'd like to get my medical licence.
    I understand toronto is home to a few compassion centers that don't require a licence either- just a letter from the doctor.

I'd like to hear an opinion from someone with a similar condition as me and maybe someone with experience getting licenced in ontario.

Was it hard finding the right doctor? Was it worth it?

My friend has since moved out of provence which has left me high and dry.
    smith Reviewed by smith on . I never thought marijuana use would be for me. My name is Andrew, I'm 23 years old from Toronto, Ontario and I'd like to share my story and hear some of your opinions. First off, I am fairly new to marijuana. I don't think I'm you're typical smoker, but as time goes on I see morr and more how many marijuana smokers don't fit the usual stereotype. I've suffered from extremely painful migranes triggered by weather changes since an early age. They always happen suddenly but in a predictable fashion usually when summer turns to fall and Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I never thought marijuana use would be for me.

I suffer from seasonal migraines too. Not sure, but I always assumed they were allergy induced. Cannabis is the only thing that helps both the pain & nausea. Prescriptions never touched the nausea. If it's a really bad one, I just take a couple over the counters, even aspirin, once the pot settles the nausea, & that handles any pain not knocked out by the pot. I do the same for my arthritis & muscle spasms from some nerve damage. I've always smoked it for pleasure, but now it's my medication. Know what you mean about the flashing lights in your peripheral vision, auroras, tunnel vision. The more your vision is effected, the worse the migraine will be. Wish I could help with info on the license. How far r u from Toronto? Would travel b an option for you untill you get your license in Ontario? Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PEACE!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I\'m an ole\' tree huggin hippie. I do what I like & like what I do.