Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1700 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bud crackling and popping

Hey all,
    I'm back to rookie status after not smoking for over 20 years. Anyway, got some new bud and it crackles and pops. Is it due to moisture or are there other factors? There are no seeds in it.

Thanks,
    HD
    Huntin_Dawg Reviewed by Huntin_Dawg on . Bud crackling and popping Hey all, I'm back to rookie status after not smoking for over 20 years. Anyway, got some new bud and it crackles and pops. Is it due to moisture or are there other factors? There are no seeds in it. Thanks, HD Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

[quote=Huntin_Dawg]Hey all,
    I'm back to rookie status after not smoking for over 20 years. Anyway, got some new bud and it crackles and pops. Is it due to moisture or are there other factors? There are no seeds in it.

Thanks,

Ah ha! Sounds like metalics in the grow medium! Maybe grown in miracle grow GARDEN soil. If it sizzles & doesn't want to burn, then the plant had a magnesium deficiency while in bud. I correct this by adding Epsom salts to liquid plant food near the first flush, & to plain water for the first flush, then no more. But, if it seems like your trying to light a damp sparkler, then I'd say definitely metalics!

PEACE.
    I\'m an ole\' tree huggin hippie. I do what I like & like what I do.

Funny story about the metalics. My friend had a sm closet grow in miracle grow garden soil (funny, doesn't happen in the potting soil). Beautiful plants, big fat pretty buds. So we snipped one to check her out. Put her in the microwave. 15-20secs later, sparks started flying, had a lightning storm in my mic., & the bud caught on fire! The look on our faces must have been priceless. Yeah, his wife called us Cheech & Chong from that day forward. Our test bud.... UP IN SMOKE!!!!

If it's a rice krispy kine snap-crackle-pop It's spider mite eggs.

Get your 'scope and check it.
    Won't hurt you it's low calorie.

Aloha,
    Weezard

EWE WEEZARD!!!! I was EATING when I read this! But your right. I forgot about those nasty little bastards! LMAO!

PEACE. still LMAO!

Brah Weez forgot to tell you them eggs are high in protein! LOL Sounds like to me they weren't flushed at all and are still full of nutes. Does it taste of Nitrogen/Copper/iron maybe?

Flushing.... sometimes over looked, but only natural if you think about it. Mother nature doesn't grow in pots, nor does she fertilize on schedule during the growing season. She feeds by slowly biodegrading organic matter. So many of our plant foods are synthetic in nature & metalic based. Mother nature SLOWLY flushes in 2 ways. #1, plant roots slowly absorb available nutrients from the soil surrounding the roots. #2, rain leaches away nutrients by seepage & runoff. So by the end of the growing season, little nutrients are left in the soil immediately surrounding the roots. This actually aids the ripening process. First the daylight hours decrease, then the night temps decrease. All these things trigger responses within plant cells (ALL plants) that say it's time to reproduce, to continue the species. Lower nutrients also tells the plant its end is near, so it then uses its remaining energy to ripen fruit & seed, depleting the nutrients in the plants cells. In the case of cannabis, well, nutes neither taste good, nor burn well. When growing indoors, just remember natures processes & FLUSH, FLUSH, FLUSH!
    We once had to up-root & bring in several late finishing plants due to an early freeze warning. Brought in spider mites. I don't remember eggs popping, but I definitely remember the webbing we couldn't clean out tasting something like burnt hair. UGH! COMPOST!
    ~~~~~~PEACE~~~~~~~~~

Forgot to say.... my previous mention of metalics was in reference to synthetic ferts such as miracle gro. Nasty, nasty, nasty. Really heavy on the metalic tastes mentioned by tank jr.

Not to mention that Mackerel Grow and Scotts are from Monsanto, public enemy #1 to the organic farming communittee. Hate 'em like Nixon.

Je prefer Dow chemicals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast