Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1668 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bud crackling and popping

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhandle
    Not to mention that Mackerel Grow and Scotts are from Monsanto, public enemy #1 to the organic farming communittee. Hate 'em like Nixon.
    Wish it was truly 'Mackerel' grow.....Fish emulsion GOOOD.....Monsanto BAAD!
    ~~~~~~ORGANICS RULES! MONSANTO DROOLS!~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~PEACE!~~~~~~~~
    I\'m an ole\' tree huggin hippie. I do what I like & like what I do.

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by catbuds
    Flushing.... sometimes over looked, but only natural if you think about it. Mother nature doesn't grow in pots, nor does she fertilize on schedule during the growing season. She feeds by slowly biodegrading organic matter. So many of our plant foods are synthetic in nature & metalic based. Mother nature SLOWLY flushes in 2 ways. #1, plant roots slowly absorb available nutrients from the soil surrounding the roots. #2, rain leaches away nutrients by seepage & runoff. So by the end of the growing season, little nutrients are left in the soil immediately surrounding the roots. This actually aids the ripening process. First the daylight hours decrease, then the night temps decrease. All these things trigger responses within plant cells (ALL plants) that say it's time to reproduce, to continue the species. Lower nutrients also tells the plant its end is near, so it then uses its remaining energy to ripen fruit & seed, depleting the nutrients in the plants cells. In the case of cannabis, well, nutes neither taste good, nor burn well. When growing indoors, just remember natures processes & FLUSH, FLUSH, FLUSH!
    We once had to up-root & bring in several late finishing plants due to an early freeze warning. Brought in spider mites. I don't remember eggs popping, but I definitely remember the webbing we couldn't clean out tasting something like burnt hair. UGH! COMPOST!
    ~~~~~~PEACE~~~~~~~~~
    Excellent explanation on the natural cycle of things in a plant's life. Thanks for the info mate. Love how you explained them in simple easy to understand terms. Cheers!:thumbsup:

One thing I failed to mention. I don't use flushing products. With plain water, fill the pot to the top letting the water run through. Do this 3 times. Takes less than 15 min. The first run through wets & disolves the nutes, 2 & 3rd time rinses or leaches the nutes out through the drain holes. This ISNT over watering. Over watering is not letting the soil surface dry between waterings. If your plants aren't 'over potted' (pot to large for plant), you should always water through. Other wise, the root formation occurs more near the surface of the soil, rather than being evenly dispersed through out the soil, which can cause dry air pockets just below the roots, & can also cause the soil to sour at the bottom of the pot. Of course flushing of any technique doesn't work with time released nutes, which I hope nobody is using for their grow anyway, save that for your flowers & vegetables in the garden.
    ---- Growing organically is the key to everything. Its the metalic salts from chem nutes (mainly nitrogen), that leaves that nasty after taste behind, & if there's a high accumulation in the dried bud, sparking as mentioned in the first post of this thread.
    ---- One more thing I nearly forgot to mention. Magnesium deficiency. Bud doesn't burn well & won't stay lit if this happens. So to prevent that, add 1 tablespoon epsom salts to your flush water. Even if there's no deficiency it won't hurt & you won't taste it in your smoke. I do all this 2 wks before harvest.

I'll go along with that. I've used chem ferts and had fireproof weed before. It really sucks. I go all organic now and it's foolproof, most of the way. Very difficult to overdo the feeding. Still, don't overwater. I presently have a batch of tea going that I'd like to apply but the plants are not thirsty yet. Waiting...

NOTHING BEATS ORGANIC! By the way, did I say NOTHING?!?!? LOL! Every aspect of my life is natural & organic. Guess that's why I'm wiccan. I love Mother Earth & all her creatures!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12