Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1719 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Increasing THC??

I have read a bit on this subject, but I would like to hear it from someone who has tried it with success.

If I can get away with out adding another chemical, I would like to go that route. I also understand sometimes you gotta add a little something to help her grow.

So is it possible to increase the THC production while in bloom?:smokin:
    littlewindy Reviewed by littlewindy on . Increasing THC?? I have read a bit on this subject, but I would like to hear it from someone who has tried it with success. If I can get away with out adding another chemical, I would like to go that route. I also understand sometimes you gotta add a little something to help her grow. So is it possible to increase the THC production while in bloom?:smokin: Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Increasing THC??

One way would be to bring in some superior genetics via pollen, then grow the hotter seeds.

Increasing THC??

so does that mean its not possible to improve a plant that is already started? I guess Im asking if environment factors can be changed indoors or if there is something i can physically do to her to increase what she is already doing??

Or better yet, here is the scenario:

We adopted a bunch of plants that where in various stages of growth. Some are in to about 4 weeks of bloom. They where quite neglected prior to arrival and now need some help in the production department. I would like to bring them to full potential but honestly do not know where to start, as I have no clue what was or was not done before they ended in my grow room!!

:jointsmile:

Increasing THC??

I was trying there, another approach. Back in the old days, sometimes bad stuff sometimes happen to a grow, hence the saying what don't kill you makes you stronger, some say stressed plants make better pot(I wonder if they want their pot more valuable)I know it makes less pot.

Do know(believe) that you can kill both the plants and the potency with kindness

Increasing THC??

Create an atmostphere at the end of the 8week's flowering cycle. Make them thank they are starting into winter, by lowering the temperter in the dark cycle as much as possible. It's much easer if it is winter out side, then all you have to do is open a window to let the good cold air in, in the dark cycle. Good luck, and happy growing.

Increasing THC??

I know I have also read different reports regarding using UVB during flower to increase potency. While it may not improve yield, apparently it will help flowering buds increase potency. I am planning on buying a couple bulbs from the pet store (I know I see UVB bulbs when I buy regular basking bulbs for my leopard geckos), and adding those to my light array. I will have to read more about how often the UVB lights should be on and other details.

Increasing THC??

D00g, regular CFL's have more uvb light than standard fluorescents, less than the reptile ones, & for plants, just run them same time as your main light. A little less uvb, but by lengthening the time they're on equals same results, plus increased lumens for the entire time the lights are on. Its a win, win situation!

Increasing THC??

I didn't find much difference with the UVB- in fact in a controlled experiment with a mom and cutting - mom got uvb and cutting didn't- I preferred the cutting.
    The Uvb also burned the leaves terribly- left it on in 15 minute cycles 4 times per day - I won't waste my time or timer again!

Increasing THC??

Quote Originally Posted by crystaliscious
    I didn't find much difference with the UVB- in fact in a controlled experiment with a mom and cutting - mom got uvb and cutting didn't- I preferred the cutting.
    The Uvb also burned the leaves terribly- left it on in 15 minute cycles 4 times per day - I won't waste my time or timer again!
    Just a question, why increase the potency of a mommy? Or is the ultrav suppose to help growth too.

Increasing THC??

What were you using for uvb? Standard cfls produce a smaller amt of uvb than the special uv bulbs, enough to increase thc, the special uv bulbs are over kill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast