Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1726 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Increasing THC??

The more I see, the less I know, quess that shows my age, I needed this forum back in the sixties.

2.   Advertisements

Increasing THC??

I'm still torn on the UVB issue. I use two 25W UVB CFL bulbs (repti-lights), but I don't have them right up on the plants and I only use them for 3 hrs/12. I have heard everything from "makes no difference" to "you're an idiot if you don't do it". Frankly I'm leaning toward the "probably isn't necessary, but its something for those of us who can't stop fiddling with everything" idea at this point. Given results like that of crystaliscious', I really wonder what the fuss is about. I haven't noticed any burning of tissue, but I also don't notice any denser trichome production in the areas nearest the bulbs. Also a week ago I left them on accidentally for 24 hrs, potentially damaging my budding cycle. Also, and perhaps more importantly, even if it did increase potency/trichome production, it's an additional stress on the plant. This will affect production of other terpenes in the trichomes and that could potentially adulterate the taste/aroma. That may be why crystaliscious preferred the untreated cutting.

Increasing THC??

I used the 25w UVB CFL's- I had taken some cuttings from a plant I was flowering - she wasn't going to be a full time mommy- just a quick one…

The mother plant had the UVB on her in 15 minutes spots 4-6 times a day - The cutting- just regular t5's.

The Mother was not only sunburned as hell and not much chance of keeping her- I thought the smoke from the cutting was better- put a regular cfl in after that….

Increasing THC??

[quote=crystaliscious]I had taken some cuttings from a plant I was flowering

Good job, sometimes I find that harder to clone from one that's in bloom.

Increasing THC??

I think it's that nitrogen thing ranger - I give a higer dose ( regular) of nitrogen about a week before taking the cutting- then go back to her 1/4 strength nitrogen feeding for the mom - holding it all from the cutting until solid roots form.
    Took awhile to learn that…...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12