Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1582 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Mmj patient, is there any way to reduce my tolerance without exacerbating my symptoms

I have an autoimmune disease that causes constant pain, infection, fever, stomach upset, cognitive dysfunction, and poor emotional response.

I can't afford my medication so I went off for one day, and, just like every other time I've tried this, I had a sort of breakdown where I cried all day, couldn't focus, and even left a 3am voicemail to an ex explaining that I finally understood that I was a bad person.

Now it's the morning of the next day and I haven't consumed that medication yet. I feel like I'm going to vomit. I have like 160 pages to read for class tomorrow, and I keep almost crying with shame regarding my behavior yesterday.

The problem, when it comes down to it, is that even loaded up on natural (white willow, cat's claw) or rx (tramadol, lidocaine) pain meds, I just CANNOT CONSISTENTLY WALK WITHOUT IT. Turns out, most activities in life require moving from one place to another. Even if I had a wheelchair, it would have to be electric. I have to smoke throughout the day every day to be sure I can walk. Before constant use of my med, I would often have to lie on the ground or on the floor suddenly , everywhere from campus to craft stores, whenever my energy or legs gave out. Ever since I've started using MJ throughout every day, I've been able to consistently walk. I've asked my dr for something, anything else, that would do this, but he literally cannot think of anything that would make me able to walk besides MJ.

So, I have use it throughout the day, all day, every day, in order to literally stay on my feet. Yet, despite not using only one strain for long periods of time, my tolerance has built up to crazy levels. I NEED to lower my tolerance, but I am UNABLE TO FUNCTION when I go off MJ, so a break isn't in the cards unless someone wants to pay for me to stay in hospital for a week or two to detox. Not like I could take the time off of class, though.

Please help.
    Libertine420 Reviewed by Libertine420 on . Mmj patient, is there any way to reduce my tolerance without exacerbating my symptoms I have an autoimmune disease that causes constant pain, infection, fever, stomach upset, cognitive dysfunction, and poor emotional response. I can't afford my medication so I went off for one day, and, just like every other time I've tried this, I had a sort of breakdown where I cried all day, couldn't focus, and even left a 3am voicemail to an ex explaining that I finally understood that I was a bad person. Now it's the morning of the next day and I haven't consumed that medication yet. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Mmj patient, is there any way to reduce my tolerance without exacerbating my symptoms

perhaps some prescription pain pills on the days you are trying to lower your 'tolerance.' :rasta: pr

I am so sorry you're going through this. Here are some supplements & herbs that should help you. I'm not sure if you would need a higher dose than recommended on the packaging. Start with that before you try to increase. CARROT EXTRACT. FISH OIL. AMERICAN GINSENG. ZINC. MAGNESIUM. There are others, but I can't remember them all. Start with these, then see if you can find a homeopathic practitioner. Health food stores are a good place to start. Most can recommend someone. Maybe even the manager of a health food store can extend the list I just gave you. Many are quite knowledgeable. I hope this helps you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~PEACE!~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S.
    Whither you talk with a homeopathic prac or healt food store mgr, just let them know you're looking for supplements/herbs to reduce your tolerance to medical marijuana. Might be in your best interest to ask these questions only in a state that has mmj laws. If that's not the case in your state, you may have to resort to phone contact.
    I\'m an ole\' tree huggin hippie. I do what I like & like what I do.

Have you tried cannabis oil?!

have you heard of juicing the cannabis leaves and drinking that once a day? my step mother has ALS and we are following Dr. Courtney and his wife as they promote this way of life. His wife has lupus and a number of debilitating conditions, which have been managed or cured by juicing cannabis every day. you might want to look into that. We don't grow, but we found a clone seller who will give us as much of the leaves as we can use for free. He just tosses it. If you google Dr. Courtney and juicing a number of videos and articles will come right up. It sounds like your experiences are similar to hers..

good luck.