Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1527 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

To harvest or not to harvest.

Hi all, this is the first time I have used "Overdrive".... started about 2 weeks ago on Indica that was close to harvest....now it has completely changed, grew a ton of new white flowers, colas bulked up twice their size and got dense but now I am not sure if it is harvest time. The old flowers have brown hairs but the new ones are all still white with clear trichomes. I don't want to let them get past their peak like I have done before but dont want to cut them prematurely.'

The Sativas are easier to decide because they are flowering later, still tall and lanky with loads of white flowers. One already died of root rot or mold or something, not sure, this has happened to me before, just one plant dies, I think it's root rot from not enough drainage. The heat in So California is brutal right now so I am watering every other day and cut way back on the nutes.

Any ideas? I will post pics if it is helpful.
    nugssgalore Reviewed by nugssgalore on . To harvest or not to harvest. Hi all, this is the first time I have used "Overdrive".... started about 2 weeks ago on Indica that was close to harvest....now it has completely changed, grew a ton of new white flowers, colas bulked up twice their size and got dense but now I am not sure if it is harvest time. The old flowers have brown hairs but the new ones are all still white with clear trichomes. I don't want to let them get past their peak like I have done before but dont want to cut them prematurely.' The Sativas Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Wanted to say that I usually harvest on the full moon and sometimes even wait until "harvest moon" in October but this year that doesn't seem possible cuz some plants are definitely "done" while others are still maturing. Anyone harvest before the full moon comes?

Can't post pictures of my colas.... I get the error message that the files are too big. don't know how to fix that.

You have to open the picture in paint or another picture editing program, and resize it 2000x1500 or under. The site only uploads pics that are under 3.0 MB. :jointsmile:

Hey thanks for answering! Have you ever used Overdrive? I used it when I thought I was about a week or so before harvest as per the instructions and now they have all these new little white hairs. The colas did about double in size tho and get really dense... too soon? Someone said that as soon as you have doubts, that's the time to cut em!

maybe I'll just take off the biggest ones.... what do you think?

I'll try Paint for resizing pics.

I've never used overdrive. But I've read people only use it when the buds enter the window of peak maturity unexpectedly.
    It gives them a little more time to give a proper flush.

When I harvest I check the trichs, I wait until about 40-50% amber.

I never harvest based on pistil color, so I cant help ya there.

Shovel said someplace, if you think our ready wait a week and look again. Wish I would have heard that in the sixties

Thanks MrgrowBig... I do look at trichomes also, seemed like they were almost ready but now mostly clear on the new flowers, I suppose the first flowers are buried underneath the new stuff and is probably amber.

Yes, I have heard that too, tlranger, but last year I actually waited too long since I wanted the couch lock type of buzz and not the energetic high because I have trouble sleeping and I am mainly growing this stuff to be able to sleep at night. I waited past its peak but unfortunately it lost some of its potencey and some of my friends don't like it.

Let's see if this works now....

Attachment 294473Attachment 294474

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast