Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1461 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To harvest or not to harvest.

Those were close up of two different colas on 2 different plants.... see all the new flowers springing out? I have never seen that before. They are fat!

2.   Advertisements

I think you got a while, when the buds are piling on, you can make wt. Would say don't wait till it snows on it but your in scali

Nugs, funny you should mention everything that I Wanted to say.... he he. I'm getting nugs exploding out of an existing flower! Also did the same thing last year, (kept most to flower til November!!). Couch lock squared but great for hurt.

I agree with ranger, I think you have awhile. All of the pistils are new and white. Once they start turning amber you'll know that the plant has entered the window of peak maturity. Thats when you start checking the trichs.

Keep us updated!
    :thumbsup:

I harvested most of the Indica late Sept.... second week in Oct, I took the top heavy colas of the Sativa and now with the full moon I am going to harvest the bottom half of the 7 plants.... they totally got big and fat and much stickier than they usually are, so taking the top half of the plant works for me. This is how I flower and vegetable garden so it seemed to make sense.

The growing season seems to warrant taking some on the full moon in Sept and then finishing up on harvest full moon in Oct. A few yearas ago I would let them go even into Nov but I think they lost some of their potency... also this year I started seeds earlier, like in march... we had some killer heat waves then and the plants struggled. Almost 50% of them turned out to be males and two hermies which got culled.... the remaining girls are being hang dried for a week and then put into mason jars to cure... usually leave them in there, burping every few days, for about 4-6 weeks. Does anyone leave them in the jars longer than that? Then I seal them with a food saver system and into the deep freeze they go.... should last up to 3-5 years in there. I always have much more than I can use or even give away. I don't sell it but this year with close to 2 dozen quart jars already full and a half a dozen pint jars, and I'm not even finished yet, I kind of wish I did sell it :-))) :wtf:

I've used Overdrive many grows. It does work if the strain decides to slack off on flower production at the end of the bloom cycle. Use it on weeks 5-6 of a eight week strain. Harvest at week eight, as usual. For longer flowering strains weed four weeks from harvest or earlier if you notice the pistils are not bushing out like you'd want. Two weeks before harvest plain water is the norm (or sweetened water or final phase type of shit).

I like what I'm seeing. Think I'll try overdrive if I can find it. Nugs, I was wondering, since you harvest on the full moon, do you also use the almanac to plant by the signs? I'm from old school W.V. & was raised doing that. Be cool as hell to find someone else who knows about that. ~~~ PEACE! ~~~

there are some old threads on this site where we experimented and discussed the moon phase planting, transplanting, harvesting.

Hey thanks Shovel! I'm going to have to hunt them down! I'm into all things luna, probably why I'm Wiccan! LOL! no, they don't burn witches now a days! ~~~PEACE! ~~~ (Or should I say Blessed Be now that I'm out of the broom closet!?!?)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12