Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1710 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

First plant, advice appreciated

[align=center]Hey guys, what's up? I'm new to Cannabis.com & growing. I post this thread to seek the advice of experienced professionals regarding my first plant.
    Attachment 294359
    She (Hopefully) was born March 27th 2013, making her just over 5 months old. It started off a slow growth, indoors in a cup. At 3 months I transferred it to a pot of Miracle Grow soil and placed it outdoors in the southwestern atmosphere. It started to grow so quickly that it soon needed more food
    Attachment 294360
    So I began feeding it Miracle Grow Bloom Booster 1/3 waterings. It began to flourish so I've been on that schedule since, feeding it 3, 4 times now.
    Attachment 294362
    But I'm trying to figure out if this is good for the plant or not, because again the leaves are turning brown. Does this mean I need to feed it more or less?
    Attachment 294363
    Also, looking at the plant, could you guess the strain? Or even more, the sex of it?
    Attachment 294361
    If anyone has any tips or suggestions regarding how to get my plant on the right track, this is my first plant so I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for the read.

[/align]
    TommieGreen Reviewed by TommieGreen on . First plant, advice appreciated Hey guys, what's up? I'm new to Cannabis.com & growing. I post this thread to seek the advice of experienced professionals regarding my first plant. 294359 She (Hopefully) was born March 27th 2013, making her just over 5 months old. It started off a slow growth, indoors in a cup. At 3 months I transferred it to a pot of Miracle Grow soil and placed it outdoors in the southwestern atmosphere. It started to grow so quickly that it soon needed more food 294360 So I began feeding it Miracle Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

you should water it, let it dry out. then water it. apply & repeat. how ever long it takes your dirt to dry out. once it does water it.
    also you need more dirt.. just make sure its got all the good stuff in it.
    add some perlite, I think your leaves are curling because of over watering, and drainage. Ive actually used that pot you have before, and the drainage is horrible.
    your dirt should be at the top of that bucket. chances are the roots are taking up most of the space.

the plant looks good! just needs a bit of love.
    don't give it any nutes. its already in your soil, especially if you using MG soil. it has time release crystals that never stop. but I think your prob is your roots exceeded its space so it appear as if it needs food. when actually it does.
    get a little bit bigger of a pot, and transplant it into some fresh soil with better drainage. you should be good to go. if you need questions about transplanting feel free to ask.

Hey, Cannabis.com

Thanks for your response, GrowDemon. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I took your advice as soon as possible. I lifted the roots and added twice as much dirt (Miracle Grow potting mix). I haven't been watering it as often, the rain does that for me. I've fed it maybe 2,3 times since last post (Miracle Grow Bloom Booster).
    I also have great news, it's a girl!

[align=center]Attachment 296132
    She's going on 8 months now
    Attachment 296131
    Can you guess the strain?[/align]

However, I do have a question about the climate lately. The high is 60°, 70° (as opposed to 90°, 100° it grew under) & it gets cold at night. I've read about indicas that can grow in really harsh climates... It appears that my plant is ready to bloom, any suggestions on where I should go from here? Thanks