Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1594 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

looking for a good small strain

hi everyone what seeds would people recommend me? im looking for a small plant that still produces a nice yield and that only takes 5-6 weeks after germination?
    i have been told northern lights is a good one is there any others?

jack
    ichongdareef Reviewed by ichongdareef on . looking for a good small strain hi everyone what seeds would people recommend me? im looking for a small plant that still produces a nice yield and that only takes 5-6 weeks after germination? i have been told northern lights is a good one is there any others? jack Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ichongdareef
    hi everyone what seeds would people recommend me? im looking for a small plant that still produces a nice yield and that only takes 5-6 weeks after germination?
    i have been told northern lights is a good one is there any others?

jack
    Finishes in 6 weeks, from seed? Somebody's pullin' your leg. :jointsmile:

Sorry man, nothings that fast. Try reading up on auto-flowering plants. You'll probably find the fastest in those lines, maybe an autoflower northern lights hybrid. Check out Gorilla seeds. Maybe Cannabis Seeds can help you. I think this might be right up her alley.

(Hey Cannabis Seed... you reading this? Can you help this man out? I think he deserves some expert advice)
    I\'m an ole\' tree huggin hippie. I do what I like & like what I do.

There are some autos that claim to finish in as fast as 6 weeks - don't think I've seen a 5-weeker.

If they finish in 6, they'll usually be dwarf-sized with smallish to mid-range yields - you certainly can't expect a branch-breaker in those timeframes.

I think you'd be happier with an 8-10 week finishing Auto - and you can certainly find dwarf-sized strains in that timeframe.

Northern Lights is on the smallish size & has a fast finish - but that's the finish & doesn't include the veg stage which will vary by person.
    That being said, some people will use seeds that stretch during the finish & put them straight into the flowering stage to reduce the time - someone else would have to say, but I don't think that's such a good idea with Northern Lights - I don't think it has the stretch.

Lots of ways to go about it, but I don't think 5 weeks total from seed is going to happen.

You can find all our Autoflowering Seeds by clicking this link.
    That's our international site. If you're in the UK, I can give you a similar link with a wider selection.

Hope our dude catches your post. He seems to have a deadline for a harvest. As soon as I get things situated on the home front, I'm thinking of going this way too. Smaller, faster plants & apply the old sea of green method, all in the attic to foil the local thieves (yeah, that's the only real grow problem I've really had in over 30yrs).
    Thanks again C.S. you always come through! You're my 'go to' girl!

you can try these.
    train wreck
    purple wreck
    blueberry
    GSC
    a few OG strains
    I have found these to grow & flower fast, but honestly a lot has to do with your setup and how you intend to achieve this. if you search the web dood there are tons of fast flowering strains
    http://boards.cannabis.com/cannabis-...ml#post2253379

Quote Originally Posted by growdemon
    you can try these.
    train wreck
    purple wreck
    blueberry
    GSC
    a few OG strains
    I have found these to grow & flower fast, but honestly a lot has to do with your setup and how you intend to achieve this. if you search the web dood there are tons of fast flowering strains
    That's a nice one - how much cured yield did you get?

Ill take it the advice in I think im going to have to try and see what I get but thanks alot

Growdemon, you can't mean 5.5 wks from germ to harvest? I've always kept my girls in veg for 8 wks before going to 12/12 with the light. I was taught putting them in flower younger than this stressed them & would give you a higher rate of males & hermies. I really haven't questioned that, just took it as fact & went with it. Hey, having a horticulture degree & working in commercial green houses & florist shops doesn't teach you shit about growing the herb. I got most of my 'education' from High Times mag & some books I ordered through them, plus growing. Haven't done much reading since the 80's. Sometimes I wonder just how much of what I've read was bull. The 8 wk thing seemed to work too well for me. I rarely have males, even with bag seed & often have to tell other people not to kill their males cause I need pollen.
    Love the blueberry. Haven't grown it yet though, so I think I'll give it a try. Looks like it's time for this old head to modernise. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by growdemon
    you can try these.
    train wreck
    purple wreck
    blueberry
    GSC
    a few OG strains

I've been thinking about this thread & wanting to grow a couple of small plants here in the camper in the closets. I always supplement my lighting by side lighting with fluorescents placed vertically around the plants. I've been considering using cfl's & LED for the over heads, well actually, that's what I WILL use so I dont raise temps as much. The only thing I haven't used before in this type of small set up is the LED's (I've only used them for house plants so far). I've done this type of closet set up before with decent results, but a bigger closet. So this time, I'll be growing something smaller than northern lights/skunk hybrids. I love smoking blueberry nugs, but haven't grown it yet. I understand its a small plant with less stretch in flowering. So what do you guys think? Anything new out there that would be smaller/faster than the blueberry? So tell me a little about its growth habits, plant size, leaf size. Does it do well kept small in a 1gal nursery pot & pruned? Or is there something new that would better suite my needs? I've been growing for 40+ years & haven't changed the varieties I grow for probably 25. Ehhhh....time for this old hippie to bring her ass up into the 21st century. Also been thinking about vegging for only 2 wks before going 12/12 and throwing in some ethylene gas to keep it female (fem seeds of coarse). I would do this old school by tenting with a clear plastic bag & putting a bowl of ripening fruit (bananas or peaches) in the tent too. Budget on a shoestring, disability check & all that shit. So what do ya think? Blueberry?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast