Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1689 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

looking for a good small strain

:smokebong: considering :420thought: how about two cabinets and do a perpetual, harvest every once in a while!

2.   Advertisements

Yeah. Thats what I had in mind. One for veg, the other 12/12. Do you think blueberry is a good choice for what I want to do? Any sugestions on variety?
    I\'m an ole\' tree huggin hippie. I do what I like & like what I do.

Variety needs to match grower, and environment, so I hate to say. My exp says grow some different kinds and one will jump out and grab you, in performing, potency, looks, smell, hell it's like fallin the love. Find one that works for you not them. Remember experimenting was fun

Mazar-i-Sharif is an afghanica type. Short, fat single cola. Rugged climate ok. Good hashy smell / flavor. It's a nice tight little strain. Pretty quick finisher. I like it.

You're so right. I've had times when my fav to grow was not necessarily my fav to smoke. Checking out seed banks last nite & a pineapple one sounds really good to me too, a little tall, but no info to say how it does with pruning. I've had varities that don't take well to that at all, & now can't remember which ones they were! Most of the new ones that I like the sound of seem to be the taller ones. But Ill take your advice (its always good) & try a mix till I find what suits my closet the best. If they're too tall & don't like pruning, guess I can adapt new space. Peace

Sh. I love Afghani's. Single cola? So probably not to prune at all. There's an issue Ive had growing Afghanis indoors. Leaf curl. Had no effect on the buds or quality. Not much curl, just barely enough to catch my attention. I was thinking maybe they didn't like being as close to the lights as my northern lights & skunks? Any thoughts on this?

That's what I hear too, lights too close for some strains and the leaves curl and dry out. I grow a lot of afghani originated strains, bubblegum being one. This is an outdoor photo of an indoor bubblegum girl.

Attachment 294674

Ummmm. Looks good enough to eat! One more thing I noticed about the afghani strain I had. I pulled them back from the light a little, occasionally spray misted & they uncurled, so it would seem they like a little more humidity than some varieties. I've had many people tell me they end up with a lot of condensation in their grow rooms. I've never had that. Most likely because I'm a stickler for air flow. (Something I learned from commercial greenhouses. We lost power one night after everyone left. With no fans the place exploded with various fungus diseases because of condensation. We lost A LOT). Because I have lower humidity, that means I can, & do, foliar feed. The only application of chemical plant food I use because I've found that some organics can encourage the growth of plant pathogens in an enclosed environment.
    Ahhh. Dont mean to preach to the choir, but thinking some of these tid bits my help out a youngster.
    Anyway, think I might add bubblegum to my closet mix. I do love the afghani. Its good at just kickin' my butt!

my present stash is bubblegum and bubblegum x blueberry. They are favorites.

Bubblegum/blueberry. So tell a little about this one. Size, flowering time, does it take well to pruning? Remember, CAMPER closet, guestimation 7-8' X 3', 6' high. Yeah, small. (I've never gone so sm., seems almost imposible to me, but it's worth a try). Also keep in mind lighting will be fluorescents & LED's. That sm space would be quick to over heat, can't really exhust much to the outdoors because of fan noise & odor due to campers close proximity to nosey neighbors/road. Using several carbon fan forced air filters with ozone emitters in closet & one in the hallway. Maybe 3 plants in 1gal nursery pots, so naturally sm would be a key factor here. (Remember the phototron from the 80's, parabolic's, etc.? But soil, not hydro. This will be a similar set-up). Appreciate your feedback.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast