Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1473 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

24 hours light, 2 weeks into flower?!

so my timers malfunctioned and my plants got 24 hours of light.
    from what i have read, one night fuck up won't hurt too much.
    i'm looking for some tips from people- should i give it 24 hours darkness now to let them get some sleep?
    should just go back to normal 12-12?

i have just turned the lights off now, when they are supposed to be on.
    should i turn them back on, so they get 36 hours (12 hours yesterday day, 12 hours accident night, 12 hours again today day) and then go back to their normal 12-12?

should i keep the light off now during the day, so the plants get 12 hours darkness now (during the day) and then slowly switch the light over the next couple of days so they go back to their 12 hours during the day and 12 hours sleep during the night?

please help!
    i don't want hermies.
    i vegged my plants for 3 months, they are 6 foot and in the first 3 days of flower, one of them was male. so sad!
    im down to 2 plants now, i cannot afford to let them hermie!
    1st timer Reviewed by 1st timer on . 24 hours light, 2 weeks into flower?! so my timers malfunctioned and my plants got 24 hours of light. from what i have read, one night fuck up won't hurt too much. i'm looking for some tips from people- should i give it 24 hours darkness now to let them get some sleep? should just go back to normal 12-12? i have just turned the lights off now, when they are supposed to be on. should i turn them back on, so they get 36 hours (12 hours yesterday day, 12 hours accident night, 12 hours again today day) and then go back to Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I did the same and just went on as normal and mine was sound nothing happened to them

Keep on keep'n on!

:rastasmoke:

It's a bit late for this, but for future readers...

From what I've READ, not experience yet, it's the length of darkness that allows the flowering hormones to work. So... as long as the period of darkness is a regular 12 hours, it shouldn't be a problem with some variation of when it happens.

heck, I read a thread (though I'm not sure if I trust it) where they suggested 21 hours on, 12 off to extend the amount of light the buds get for more product! They said it would increase the flowering period by about 10 days... But I think most of that was speculation - not tried. Heck, if I have time with a single girl at some point in the flower area, I may try this just to see. No ideas.

But, long story short, it won't be a problem. Just make sure the "dark" is 12 hours minimum or you will confuse and stress them and likely get herms all over (again, from all I've read and understand).

Since it's been awhile, did you notice any problems?

do not got 24 dark stay on 12 and 12 if u need to change time do it 30 min or 1 hr a time if lights come on at 6 pm u can adjust by 1 hr like lights off at 6 30 or 530 adjust it and stay on 12 and 12

:thumbsup::wtf:

12-12. :thumbsup:

been a while, so my update was- absolutely no difference.
    i kept it on 12-12 and eased it back into it's usual cycle over 2 days. after the 'night' where it got 12 hours of light, i gave it darkness in the day and then moved it back to it's original timings for light and dark over 2 days.

Thanks all!