Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1995 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

topping-or not

This is typical of my earlier experiences in FIMing. I have plenty later manorah looking buds grown under a single 400w HID and topping (and lower trimming).

Attachment 294477

2.   Advertisements

topping-or not

Shovel handle, you have the prettiest pictures

topping-or not

Those are some gorgeous flowers.

:jointsmile:

What strain?

topping-or not

Blueberry from Dutch Passion. The photo is a bit rough, I lost my original photo, that was copied from High Times magazine. I was fortunate enough for them to select two of my submissions for print in their rag.

topping-or not

Quote Originally Posted by tlranger
    Shovel handle, you have the prettiest pictures
    Yes! And from a girly P.O.V., preeety colors!

I let many things dictate pruning, topping, lollipoping. LOCATION being #1. This is for camouflage purposes. I grow them to a shape that closely resembles the surrounding native plants/weeds. As far as variety? Well I choose that according to which variety does best with the type of pruning/not pruning needed for the chosen location. As far as camo goes, well I have two flowers I always plant near my ladies. One is spider flowers (cleome), & ladies around these flowers get the short lollipop treatment. Leaves look the same& dito for plant shape. When I'm growing to a natural christmas tree, I plant cardinal vines all around, mostly on upright structures, or even dead trees. Beautiful vine, leaves are similar, & the flowers are shaped like very small morning glories & are deep cardinal red. I NEVER clear TOO much native vegetation, & always keep in mind its natural formation. The flowers I mentioned just add to the camo. I'm not worried about 'the man' finding them, just the thieves. Unfortunately, the thieves who get mine are guys I taught my camo techniques to years ago. :-(
    I\'m an ole\' tree huggin hippie. I do what I like & like what I do.

topping-or not

Quote Originally Posted by catbuds
    Yes! And from a girly P.O.V., preeety colors!

Unfortunately, the thieves who get mine are guys I taught my camo techniques to years ago. :-(
    Love the first part, then the part that trips my trigger- why is it always so one close?????

topping-or not

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhandle
    Blueberry from Dutch Passion. The photo is a bit rough, I lost my original photo, that was copied from High Times magazine. I was fortunate enough for them to select two of my submissions for print in their rag.
    A celebrity:jumphappy: just don't get:abduct:

topping-or not

That's funny, everything I've read so far says that topping/fimming you get 20-30% more harvest weight. Not true? So it mostly spreads a plant out and keeps it shorter?

Would growing natural give you stronger limbs to hold those buds? I had some scrawny weak branches on my white widow.

Does anyone have an actual list - never top/fim XXX plant? With names of those plants that don't like topping/fimming?

Curious minds want to know. :P

P.S. Hi catbuds! Nice to see another girl here!
    :bonghit: \"Whatever gets you through your life, it\'s alright, alright...\"

topping-or not

Does anyone have an actual list - never top/fim XXX plant? With names of those plants that don't like topping/fimming?

it's a little more than that. it also has to do with how each strain is best grown. longer veg, or a plant that does well with a shorter veg, how much lighting, how much watering, ideal temperatures, nutrition. different strains each have their own preferences.

To answer your questions a few people would have to grow out that strain under different conditions. For an example, I understand that Trainwreck is particular about many things, including topping. However, I've not grown it and I have no idea what it likes.

topping-or not

Oh! I guess I was thinking you wise old yogi growers would have done some of that research/testing already. So many strains, and not enough info on how best to raise them. Not even on the seed sellers' sites. I'm a bit disappointed in that. I'm getting ready for crop #2 and was wondering if I should stop topping. I'm going to try cannatonic, chocolope, and tangerine dream.
    :bonghit: \"Whatever gets you through your life, it\'s alright, alright...\"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast