Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1865 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

First grow pix - budly goodness, 8 wks flowering, White Widow & Jack Herer

First grow, I'm still amazed, getting white yet?

2.   Advertisements

Well, I've harvested the Pineapple Express and the Widow may be ready by the weekend. She's finally got some amber trichs. It's funny, but this widow has never been frosty white like all the photos I've seen. She has the widow structure. Should be from Greenhouse or Nirvana, but no white frosty. She tastes very pleasantly lemony though. Is that normal?
    :bonghit: \"Whatever gets you through your life, it\'s alright, alright...\"

The widows I have loved where are frosty

Just harvested & tasted? If yea that would be amazing cuz think it can be up 2 weeks or even greater to just dry? I just finishing of my cured stash from last year. Peace

I haven't harvested the widow yet, but I've been tasting the tiny baby buds on the bottom. (just couldn't wait...) Don't know what it is exactly, but it's a keeper in my book. Strong and lemony - yum.

Proud of u girl. With your natural green thumb, wasn't hard at all, was it? Now that you're through your first grow, the rest will be pleasure & enjoyment without the worry & anxiety. Since you probably already recognize most plant diseases & insects, you shouldn't have much problem there in the future. Looks like u already know prevention is the best, good hygiene & air flow, & I noticed your grow area was meticulously clean. I've only had problems (insects, disease), when bringing a late out door plant inside to finish. I find washing the plant with lemon dish soap (bugs hate lemon), not ultra or concentrate, here cheaper is better, & flushing the soil (potted of coarse) with just a small squirt of the soap in the water, can really save your butt.
    See? What'd I tell ya? All you needed was moral support, the rest was all you! GIRLS RULE!
    I\'m an ole\' tree huggin hippie. I do what I like & like what I do.

Forgot to say this. Soap, not detergent. Detergent strips the plants natural oils & can burn them. Regular old fashion Joy (remember, not concentrate or ultra), & octagon (lemon, not rose ) are the gentlest on plants. Use 1/2 as much as you would to wash dishes, & half that again for soil flush. You've probably already done this in your gardening, but if not, try it. Your tomatoes, especially, will love u for it.

Natural green thumb? I have to laugh. I've killed every houseplant I've tried to grow the last 25 years. You know the bamboo you just grow in a vase of water? Killed it. That takes talent!

I've learned a lot here! And yes, girls rule!!!

:dance:

Honey, that shits easy to kill. All it takes is a few bad microbes in the water (they multiply fast) & it starts to rot. I think you sell youself short. Its much easier to forget about house plants than what's in your grow closet. If you were to place house plants some where that would keep your attention like the grow closet did, I think you might impress yourself. How did you figure how much water they needed? I saw no signs of over or under warering. I saw perfectly healthy, happy plants! Your first grow? I think you've discovered an untapped talent. House plants? Most require more humidity than they can get (most are jungle plants). Some wwill burn with too much sun, but that's hard to come by indoors. Some need more light than they can get. A lot of modern window glass has uv barriers formulated into it. Usually, you have no idea if your windows do or don't or how much. So what may look like a sunny window to the eye, usually doesn't provide plants with the light spectrum/lumens they require. YOU were the one who had control over all conditions in your grow space. Every aspect was YOU! Try this; mount an under cabinet fluorescent grow light mid way of a window, add house plants (ideally 6" from bottom of light to top of plant ). Since your house has lots of open air space, the humidity is lower than your contained grow closet, so occasionally spray mist the plants. Water them as needed, just like your grow, but feed them less often. You didn't kill the house plants, the enviornment did. Take it from an old florist with a horticulture degree, when all the control was yours, look what you did! Now go do it again! Happy tokin'

Nice!
    Have 2 white widow growing on the balcony right now.

We boost them with this http://www.growell.co.uk/media/catal...ator-web_1.jpg
    works great!

Cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast