Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1926 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

seed preservation

Hi all, tired of scrounging around for seed stock every year so I'm making my own. Have a male with a lot of pods and a female crammed in right next to it.(super-skunk). I have them in a well lit room in the house, away from the outdoor grow.think I'm all set there. Wanted to know what is the best way to preserve the seeds and about how long on average will they be usable. Couple of years? Any comments would be great.:thumbsup:
    swc Reviewed by swc on . seed preservation Hi all, tired of scrounging around for seed stock every year so I'm making my own. Have a male with a lot of pods and a female crammed in right next to it.(super-skunk). I have them in a well lit room in the house, away from the outdoor grow.think I'm all set there. Wanted to know what is the best way to preserve the seeds and about how long on average will they be usable. Couple of years? Any comments would be great.:thumbsup: Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

seed preservation

Careful not to carry pollen from male on yourself, as you go to your outdoor grow

seed preservation

Make sure they are fully mature then put them where they can dry then put them in glass containers and store them in a cool dark place they will last for as long as they will sprout 3 to 5 years and still get a plant with vigor. I've heard of longer viability from friends and you can freeze them for long term storage but if they are thawed and refroze the viability goes way down.