Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1676 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Need some Advice On California laws What Can I do

Hey Guys and Gals,
    I have grown outdoors here for years and grow for other prop 215 as there caregiver for there meds as they can not grow or unable to grow.Most can not afford to buy the meds.But due to new rules in the city I live in I have been shut down unable to grow for any of them including myself.I live in Humboldt county in a small town called rio dell.Right after I had started my outdoor crop a friend had told me about new city rules.I could not believe it but I checked up and called the city and it was all true.They have infused new laws within the city limits one being no outdoor growing at all.No muli 215 or growing for others even if they live with you we can grow indoor within a 50 square feet area with no more then 1200 watts of power.No co2 the list go's on.I thought they could not go under California laws of min.Its hurt us all .Well over half the city is going to hurt in many ways.I do not know if there is anything I can do.I am hoping someone may be able to give me some advise.If anyone can give us some advice on what we can do.I do not know where to start if I should just go by California min laws .I do not wont to break any laws.So before I do anything I thought I might ask if someone can advice me on what I can do if anything.Thanks in advance and God Bless

I will post a copy of the new city reg. asap thanks guys hope to hear from you guys soon with any advice at all thanks agin...
    switchback Reviewed by switchback on . Need some Advice On California laws What Can I do Hey Guys and Gals, I have grown outdoors here for years and grow for other prop 215 as there caregiver for there meds as they can not grow or unable to grow.Most can not afford to buy the meds.But due to new rules in the city I live in I have been shut down unable to grow for any of them including myself.I live in Humboldt county in a small town called rio dell.Right after I had started my outdoor crop a friend had told me about new city rules.I could not believe it but I checked up and called Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Need some Advice On California laws What Can I do

Here are there new Medical Marijuana Regulations

City of Rio Dell  675 Wildwood Avenue  Rio Dell, CA.  95562  (707) 764-3532
    Medical Marijuana Regulations Now in Effect
    On February 14th, the City’s Medical Marijuana Regulations, Section 17.30.155 of the Rio Dell Municipal Code became effective. The regulations were adopted in response to complaints regarding the neighborhood impacts of the cultivation of marijuana. The intent of the Medical Marijuana Regulations is to balance the needs of patients and their caregivers and to minimize impacts that can accompany the residential cultivation and processing of medical marijuana for an individual patient's use. Widespread indoor cultivation of marijuana in the County and Cities has led to a decrease in needed rental housing stock, as rental homes are converted solely to structures to grow marijuana. As rental homes are converted to these grow structures, the character of the neighborhood around the grow structure deteriorates. Below is a summary of the regulations:
     Outdoor cultivation is not allowed.
     Indoor medical marijuana cultivation in a residence or detached accessory building shall not exceed fifty (50) square feet or exceed ten (10) feet in height per residence on a parcel, regardless of the number of qualified patients or primary caregivers residing at the residence or participating directly or indirectly in the cultivation.
     A greenhouse may be considered a Detached Accessory Building if it is a fully enclosed, secure and lockable structure that has a roof supported by connecting walls extending continuously to a perimeter foundation or equivalent base to which the connecting walls are securely attached.
     The medical marijuana cultivation and processing area in the residence or detached accessory building shall be indoors, as defined herein, posted with a legible copy of the individual patient's medical marijuana recommendation, secured against unauthorized entry, and maintained for the exclusive use of the qualified patient.
     Grow lights for medical marijuana cultivation for personal use in a residence or a detached accessory building shall not exceed 1200 watts total.
     All electrical equipment used in the indoor cultivation of medical marijuana in a residence or a detached accessory building shall be plugged directly into a wall outlet or otherwise hardwired. The use of extension cords to supply power to electrical equipment used in the residential cultivation of medical marijuana is prohibited.
     The use of gas products (CO2, butane, etc.) for indoor medical marijuana cultivation or processing in a residence or a detached accessory building is prohibited.
     No toxic or flammable fumigant shall be used for indoor cultivation of medical marijuana in a residence or a detached accessory building unless the requirements of Section 1703 of the California Fire Code have been met.
    City of Rio Dell  675 Wildwood Avenue  Rio Dell, CA.  95562  (707) 764-3532
     No odor of medical marijuana shall be detectable from the property boundaries by a person of ordinary senses. To achieve this, the medical marijuana cultivation area shall be, at a minimum, mechanically ventilated with a carbon filter or other superior method to prevent the odor of marijuana from escaping the indoor cultivation area and negatively impacting neighbors and the surrounding community. Ventilation systems shall be installed in a manner that facilitates decommissioning and a return of the cultivation area to non-cultivation residential uses.
     From a public right of way, neighboring properties, or neighboring housing units, there shall be no visual or auditory evidence of medical marijuana cultivation at the residence or detached accessory building that is detectable by a person of ordinary senses.
     Medical marijuana cultivation, processing, or transfers in a residence or detached accessory building are prohibited as a Home Occupation.
     No sale, trading, or dispensing of medical marijuana is allowed on a parcel where residential cultivation of medical marijuana occurs.
     The qualified patient shall not cultivate medical marijuana for his or her personal use in more than one residence or detached accessory building within the City jurisdiction.
     The residence where medical marijuana is grown indoors for personal use shall maintain a kitchen and bathroom(s) for their intended use, and the kitchen, bathroom(s), and bedroom(s) shall not be used primarily for medical marijuana cultivation.
     No effluent, including but not limited to waste products, chemical fertilizers or pesticides shall be discharged into drains, septic systems, community sewer systems, water systems or other drainage systems including those that lead to rivers and streams as a result of the cultivation of medical marijuana.
     The residential cultivation of medical marijuana shall not adversely affect the health or safety of residents, neighbors, or nearby businesses by creating dust, glare, heat, noise, noxious gasses, odor, smoke, traffic, vibration, or other impacts, or be hazardous due to use or storage of materials, processes, products or wastes associated with the cultivation of medical marijuana.
     The indoor residential cultivation of medical marijuana must comply with all applicable state and county laws, including fire and building codes.
     A waterproof membrane or other waterproof barrier shall be installed in the cultivation area or beneath individual plants to protect the floor of the indoor cultivation area from water damage.

I hope there is something we can do this is horible for alot of usAnd this is just going to make alot more head to the hills and thats what we do not need i will follow the rules but i am hopeing there is something anything i can do.If not i will have to move out of this city soon.Alot of others depend on me and if i could just do 6 per 215 as the california law says then that be fine.Not tryin to make a bunch just help a bunch.And not abule to grow at all outdoor is just B.S no one can aford to grow indoor and depend on the outdoor crop.So please any advice will be greatfull thanks agin p: