Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1587 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

pipe cleaning?

i would like to know how everybody out there is cleaning their glass pipes.
    this is my first time in any kind of forum so be gentle! thanks uncle buddy
    unclebuddy Reviewed by unclebuddy on . pipe cleaning? i would like to know how everybody out there is cleaning their glass pipes. this is my first time in any kind of forum so be gentle! thanks uncle buddy Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

pipe cleaning?

Hey UncleBuddy! Welcome to the forums

Cleaning glass pipes is an easy process. I usually soak mine overnight (sometimes longer) in rubbing alcohol in a closed container (less smell) and shake it up a couple of times, then let it sit. The next day I add some sea salt and shake it well a few times and then rinse well. If there is still some residue, I use a pipe cleaner and more rubbing alcohol (though after soaking it I rarely need to) and then rinse well with water.
    If you want to clean it without soaking, simply use rubbing alcohol and some salt and pipe cleaners (which you can get at most smoke shops). Fill all the nooks and crannies with the alcohol plus salt and use the pipe cleaners to help "scrub" off the residue. Keep repeating until the alcohol and/or water runs clean when rinsing.
    When doing either of those methods make sure at the end you rinse the pipe really well with water a few times before drying and using.
    I hope this helps
    I'm sure other people may have other techniques that work just as well, but this is how I clean my pipes.

Feathers

pipe cleaning?

i have invented this little gadget that cleans my glass pipes using only the warm/hot tap water that comes out of your kitchen faucet right in your kitchen sink and it works fast!
    do you think this would be something that i could sell to head shops?
    would you be interested in using a product like this if it were available?
    mine works great and i have given out a couple of them for my friends to use and they love it but i wonder if they are just being nice?
    if i told you how it works i would be giving the secret away,sorry!
    so let me know if this sounds like a good idea from you good folks out there, thanks unclebuddy

pipe cleaning?

Quote Originally Posted by unclebuddy
    i have invented this little gadget that cleans my glass pipes using only the warm/hot tap water that comes out of your kitchen faucet right in your kitchen sink and it works fast!
    Only tap water ??? Does it involve any elbow grease?
    do you think this would be something that i could sell to head shops?
    Youd have to call them and see.

if i told you how it works i would be giving the secret away,sorry!
    Well sorry that you have to withhold. Because that cancels out the following....

- would you be interested in using a product like this if it were available?

-so let me know if this sounds like a good idea from you good folks out there
    If you really want your gadget to garner any interest, you can at least let the readers in on its operation. Without that, how do you expect others to even opine on whether if it sounds like a good idea or not?