Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1685 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

US Government Holds Cannabis Patent

Wtf, didn't know this but here is an excerpt of the US Government patent on cannabis. You decide.

"On the one hand, United States federal government officials have consistently denied that marijuana has any medical benefits. On the other, the government actually holds patents for the medical use of the plant.

Just check out US Patent 6630507 titled ??Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants? which is assigned to The United States of America, as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services.
    The patent claims that -

??Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer??s disease, Parkinson??s disease and HIV dementia.?
    The patent was obtained in October of 2003.

Cannabinoids, for those who were wondering, are a group of chemical compounds found in marijuana that are also referred to as terpenophenolic compounds. One specific cannabinoid compound found in cannabis is tetrahydrocannabinol, more commonly known as THC. This substance gives marijuana its psychoactive effects."

US government may hold this patent, but that will not stop their officials from consistently denying the benefits of medical marijuana. An FDA spokesperson, for instance, has claimed that ??smoked marijuana has no currently accepted or proven medical use in the United States and is not an approved medical treatment."

Yup
    Esteban1 Reviewed by Esteban1 on . US Government Holds Cannabis Patent Wtf, didn't know this but here is an excerpt of the US Government patent on cannabis. You decide. "On the one hand, United States federal government officials have consistently denied that marijuana has any medical benefits. On the other, the government actually holds patents for the medical use of the plant. Just check out US Patent 6630507 titled ??Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants? which is assigned to The United States of America, as represented by the Department of Rating: 5
    Keeping pain at bay 24/7©:thumbsup:

2.   Advertisements

Perhaps the things used in treatment properties are not specifically THC, but perhaps other properties of the plant?

CBD's are used for pain, know this first hand cuz I live it. Researchers in Israel are finding new ways to treat folks with a variety of ailments using cannabinoids including Parkinson's, cancer as well as other debilitating diseases. The issues I have with our government is the ongoing coverup concerning the legitimacy of marijuana & keeping it as a schedule I drug. There is No research in the USA using cannabis & that is a crime! Peace

:wtf:
    Keeping pain at bay 24/7©:thumbsup: