Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1515 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Odor control: best method for a closet?

Hi all. Working with strip flurescent lights at 6500K for the kids who are starting to EXPLODE in growth. opening the closet a few times a day for air exchange (current, will be changed), heat is perfectly fine...

But last night I walked into the room the closet is in and CLEARLY smelled cannabis! It wasn't huge, it wasn't like someone smoked in there, but it was as if someone had an open bag of bud laying around the room somewhere (and there was not, it was in a totally different area of the house and NOT open. I checked.).

It's not too bad, but in the next 2-3 days I need a solution so as we don't continue to have this issue. We are about a week away from switching to 12/12 lighting and then wanting the constant air exchange to help with growth, so doing so should help us with odor neutralization (make it easier if nothing else).

Thoughts? Ideas? What is your preferred method of odor control in such a case?

THANKS!
    Buggy Reviewed by Buggy on . Odor control: best method for a closet? Hi all. Working with strip flurescent lights at 6500K for the kids who are starting to EXPLODE in growth. opening the closet a few times a day for air exchange (current, will be changed), heat is perfectly fine... But last night I walked into the room the closet is in and CLEARLY smelled cannabis! It wasn't huge, it wasn't like someone smoked in there, but it was as if someone had an open bag of bud laying around the room somewhere (and there was not, it was in a totally different area of Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

charcoal canister on your exhaust.......

I exhaust outdoors, in the back of the hut. I have no neighbors.

Inside your grow room is gonna smell. The air that gets out of your grow room can be filtered through carbon filters so it doesn't smell up the whole house.

They're all right. I exhaust through a carbon filter to another room (grow tent in a closet -- filter in tent). Wife claims she can smell it, but that's only when the tent has been open for watering, etc. Fan makes noise, too. If that part was silent, nobody would know. Carbon filters are amazing, but you have to force air through them.

Ideally your exhaust should pass through a carbon filter and exit the house, from the second story if that's an option. Running a filter helps significantly but if vented back into the house you'll may still smell.. green. As in, the general smell of plants and not skunk. Running it out the second story would prevent any one from randomly walking past the exhaust vent and getting blasted in the face with a delicious aroma.

Side note: If you use a solution of Neem Oil to treat for pests, your tent is going to smell awful for a little. If you vent that back into your house, your house will definitely smell weird.. Think of the scent of wild garlic with an after-aroma of peanuts >_<