Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1562 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

It's a Female!

I just checked on my plant like I always do on a daily bases, and I see quite a lot of little white pistils on the TOP of the plant. I don't see any other white pistils on anywhere else BUT the top of the plant. This means that it's most likely a female right? Also, Why am I only seeing pistils on the TOP, and not anywhere else? Should I cut off the fan leaves so the bottom portion can get more light?

This plant is (from seed) about 2months and 14days old. I didn't give it ANY nutrients or anything like it. I'm just trying to see how good a plant might taste if NOTHING was added to it but natural sun light and water.

All I do for the plant right now is watering it, and making sure there aren't webs on the plant. What can I do to keep the plant healthy and strong until the harvest time? Is there a way to increase the yield WITHOUT putting any chemicals in the plant?

Thanks in advance guys!
    koreannuke Reviewed by koreannuke on . It's a Female! I just checked on my plant like I always do on a daily bases, and I see quite a lot of little white pistils on the TOP of the plant. I don't see any other white pistils on anywhere else BUT the top of the plant. This means that it's most likely a female right? Also, Why am I only seeing pistils on the TOP, and not anywhere else? Should I cut off the fan leaves so the bottom portion can get more light? This plant is (from seed) about 2months and 14days old. I didn't give it ANY nutrients or Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

It's a Female!

yut, just blow on it. just kidding.

If one prepared a large and nutritionally excellent soil base one could produce a great product without any additional supplements. I have seen many fantastic grows over the years (not mine, unfortunately) and nothing happens by accident or on hope and faith. You have to have 'your ducks in a row'.

It's a Female!

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhandle
    yut, just blow on it. just kidding.

If one prepared a large and nutritionally excellent soil base one could produce a great product without any additional supplements. I have seen many fantastic grows over the years (not mine, unfortunately) and nothing happens by accident or on hope and faith. You have to have 'your ducks in a row'.
    I see.

So it is a female, and it should be ready for harvest around Septemer, early october ish right? I live in Southern California.

The plant itself is about a foot tall.

It's a Female!

But ten weeks old...one foot tall... Unless you've been topping and training them to be so short I'd guess that the plant is not getting good nutrition and will probably not harvest an average amount and size of buds. There are plant nutrients that are not 'chemicals', you know. Look at some 'organic' grows here in the forum. I don't use chemicals either. Compost tea is very good. It will keep the plant healthy and the buds tasty.
    Tell us a little more about the grow. What are you growing in, a pot, the ground? What kind of medium, sandy loam? dirt dirt? Mirakill Grow? Can you show a photo?

It's a Female!

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhandle
    But ten weeks old...one foot tall... Unless you've been topping and training them to be so short I'd guess that the plant is not getting good nutrition and will probably not harvest an average amount and size of buds. There are plant nutrients that are not 'chemicals', you know. Look at some 'organic' grows here in the forum. I don't use chemicals either. Compost tea is very good. It will keep the plant healthy and the buds tasty.
    Tell us a little more about the grow. What are you growing in, a pot, the ground? What kind of medium, sandy loam? dirt dirt? Mirakill Grow? Can you show a photo?
    Sadly, I don't have a phone so I can't take photos.
    I'm growing in a Gallon pot, transferring it over to a 3 gallon pot later on this week. All I did for this plant was literally, just water it.

It's a Female!

Oh, I fimmed it ONCE, and that's the only thing I've done to it. It's my first grow btw.

It's a Female!

positive vibes, Bub! I'll bet it will be a winner.

It's a Female!

Alaska Fish Fertilizer is a good organic to mix with water when you water and will help the grow stage. You want the plant to be big enough and strong enough to flower and support flowers. You can also make your own "tea" like Shovehandle suggested and you can make your own Kelp tea if you live near the ocean, you can also buy kelp additives which give a nice sweet taste. I am using Fox Farms this year even tho I swore I would never, but it did save some sickly plants in the beginning and now all the ladies look so lush and green and flowering bigtime, I am not regretting it. I know the Fox Farms is not totally organic and kind of $$ so if I were you I would start with the compost tea thing. I am not using any specialty seeds but just a few from my last grow that crept through and have half Indica, half Sativa, maybe hybrids but they look incredible.

It's a Female!

Don't understand the logic of not fertilizing your plant, lack of funds etc...... what's the point of even growing, yea/nay?

:rastasmoke:
    Keeping pain at bay 24/7©:thumbsup: