Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1446 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Finding cannabis friendly lodging in or around Durango

I have read fairly extensively about Colorado's recreational cannabis laws. I know that the sale of cannabis does not begin recreationally until Jan 2014. I also have read that the law Gov Hickenlooper signed into law last year allows legal possession of some (up to 1 OZ?) this year and to ingest it (not in public)..

My wife and I are wanting to come to Durango and stay a few nights and smoke cannabis we bring with us. Somewhere I got the idea that there are hotels/motels that are AOK with that (smoking in your room) and some that forbid it. How can we find lodging in Durango where ingesting cannabis in your room is AOK?

I have looked on the internet and the websites do not say one way or another. The chamber of commerce thinks cannabis cannot be ingested recreationally and legally until Jan 2014. Their only suggestion was calling each motel/hotel.

Would someone please correct anything I (or the chamber of commerce) have wrong?

And I am looking also for suggestions for places to stay where cannabis ingestion is AOK (probably smoking since I don't have a red card and can't buy spacecakes etc).
    edward abby Reviewed by edward abby on . Finding cannabis friendly lodging in or around Durango I have read fairly extensively about Colorado's recreational cannabis laws. I know that the sale of cannabis does not begin recreationally until Jan 2014. I also have read that the law Gov Hickenlooper signed into law last year allows legal possession of some (up to 1 OZ?) this year and to ingest it (not in public).. My wife and I are wanting to come to Durango and stay a few nights and smoke cannabis we bring with us. Somewhere I got the idea that there are hotels/motels that are AOK Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I cannot find this post on any thread. Where is it? Oops. I found it. But I still need help please.

Maybe the reason nobody is offering ideas is that it is impossible to rent a " cannabis smoking room" in any Durango, CO hotel. Been searching and only found 3 motels where tobacco smoking is allowed.

I still find this very strange. No CO cannabis tourism? Will that change Jan 2014? DK but it would seem like Amend 64 did not change much for a person who no longer owns property in CO. Even tho 64 allows out of staters to possess a very small amt (1/2 or 1/4 OZ), 64 also says that you cannot smoke in public (tho I hear this is being inconsistently enforced).....so where does CO law allow an out of stater to smoke it? Very puzzling. Course I guess it is like waiting for the "magical marijuana fairy" to sell it to you (until 2014).

Oh well.