Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1520 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

This is the Strangest thing I have ever seen

Hey All,

This is an AK47 that has me scratching my head. Here is the Skinny.

I started all the AK at the same time. I started a dozen in Feb. and vegged them inside until mid May. Five showed male pre flower and five showed female pre flowers. one died early and one later on when the cat attacked it. I planted the five for sure females out in Mid May.

Four of them are fine, heck one is even about 7' tall, but one of them started to flower in early July. I thought, cool an early girl style pheno. Then the leaves started to yellow. It started about mid plant but eventually spread all over the plant. Leaves were yellowing and dying way too fast for me to explain.

I gave the plant a shot of nitrogen to try and help it out but that did nothing. The old growth leaves are still yellowing and dying off. It's four sisters are showing no signs of this. They all started to flower within the last week or so right on schedule.

The early AK has had an explosion of vegetative growth pushing out single and triple blade leaves like mad. All the new growth is looking healthy with no signs of yellowing and flowering appears to be chugging along.

Here are some pictures, sorry the quality is not the greatest but you can see the yellowing and the new growth well enough.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? Attachment 293562Attachment 293563Attachment 293564Attachment 293565Attachment 293566
    built2spill Reviewed by built2spill on . This is the Strangest thing I have ever seen Hey All, This is an AK47 that has me scratching my head. Here is the Skinny. I started all the AK at the same time. I started a dozen in Feb. and vegged them inside until mid May. Five showed male pre flower and five showed female pre flowers. one died early and one later on when the cat attacked it. I planted the five for sure females out in Mid May. Four of them are fine, heck one is even about 7' tall, but one of them started to flower in early July. I thought, cool an early girl Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

That's the strangest thing you've ever seen?

Don't get out much do ya?

My friend in Ca. had this happen to 2 of his girls, and I had one do it here.
    They popped pre-flowers a little early, so we put them out side.

Those single lobed leaves say that it has tried to re-veg.
    I'm guessing the nights were not long enough yet for those phenotypes to stay in flower.
    Was there any shadowing of that one plant by structures, trees, whatever?

Ours all had relatively equal sun hours.
    Left them alone and they slowly went back into flower
    :smokin: but it took weeks.

Keep us posted, please.

Aloha,
    Weeze
    Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

All the AK's are growing in basically the same conditions. The other four just started to flower and all are over 5' tall, one over 7'

What I found strange about this plant was how fast the leaves yellowed and died off. I have brought a few plants back from flower after a harvest but have never seen anything like this starting in July. Anyways here is a pic of one of this plants sisters.Attachment 293594

I have seen it happen in plants started early then put out who knows why they do it could be stress, viral or genetics. I had a clone do something similar to yours I took all the weird growth off leaving only the growing tips it came around but it's a runt.

thanks for the feedback guys. I don't think it's a stress issue since the others from the same seed stock are just fine and all are cared for in the same manner.

The seed came from a grower friend of mine. He brought the AK back from Amsterdam, TH Seeds I think, and he has been growing it out and making his own seed for close to a decade now.

I will keep you updated on this odd ball plant.

Big azz girlie. Difficult to check out details on them but appear super sweet. So, ya got 5 in flower correct. Did ya kill off the males? Peace

:thumbsup:
    Keeping pain at bay 24/7©:thumbsup:

I have 5 of the AK47 all female. I also have 10 mystery purple sativa from some silver haze bag seed, all female from clones. AK Males were disposed of in pre flower stage. I also have a handful of SAGE growing but that plant is not doing well compared to the others.

Sorry for the lousy pics my photographer was on his first gig and the camera is not the best around but at least it does not gps your pics. The big girl is about 7' with branches of 3' plus. It's my first time growing the AK but if it behaves like I expect this plant should yield about 8 oz. The other three are a little smaller, about 5' 6", nice branching, estimate about 4-6 oz per plant. Then there is the odd ball above. No clue what that's going to do. All have started to flower, one just started way too early.

I must say I will be growing the AK again, seems to be a good performer.

Fly overs are going on in my neck of the woods these days. Right on time. They should be done by the end of next week and then I can clear out the plots a bit better. I have to space plants out in my area due to the fly overs, chicken hawks I call them, and keep them fairly well hidden. Once they stop I clear out a nice area around the plants and get them as much light as I can. I have used this area for the last 8 years and only year one were my plants taken by the chicken hawks. I had about 50 in two large plots and early August I saw the damn chicken hawks hovering over my grow. When I went to check they were all gone. Broke my heart but I learned from the experience and got way more stealthy about my grow. Now I keep all plants at a distance of at least 10 yards away from any other plant. I keep the surrounding foliage close to the plant to help hide it. I have trails under and through some nasty pricker bush and the cuts and scrapes to prove it. It's a lot of work but worth every second.