Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1719 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Going back to Indoor -- Advice + input on setup

Hey Guys.

So I have recently purchased a tent and new light for my setup and wondering what you guys think would be the best way to going about pulling a pound or more out of the grow.

Light :

1000w HPS/MH Switchable ballast with parabolic reflector.
    Running with cooltube to keep temps at the best range.

Tent :

48 x 24 x 60 w/ Full mylar inside and exhaust ports as any other tent has.

Soil :

Undecided

Strain :

Greenhouse Super Critical
    (BigBudxSkunkxWhiteWidow)

Nutes :

Undecided

Style of growing :

ScROG

Questions

1. Is my tent size big enough to contain 6 girls for scrog ?
    2. Open to suggestions about fan size / carbon filter. ( Better to buy a carbon filter or to make one? )
    3. Pot sizes, usually this is not an issue for me but since I am new to the scrog scene I want to know if they are going to be using alot more space in the pot since it is developing more mains. Thinking about using rubbermaids instead of pots.
    4. Is it safe to assume that one can pull atleast 1lb out of 6 girls under a 1000watt light with ideal conditions? ( This is not my first grow, I would like to say I know what I am doing but when it comes to cannabis, they sometimes are extremely unpredictable. )

I know there are alot of factors that come into play, pot size, nutes, strain, style, and lighting.

This will be the first time I am going for over a lb harvest.

My previous indoor yielded about 3/4 of a lb from 5 plants and a 600watt, think if I used a 1000watt with 6 girls in a scrog setting it would produce over a lb as long as the variables are there.

Any input is welcome, thank you very much for your read!
    Joel Reviewed by Joel on . Going back to Indoor -- Advice + input on setup Hey Guys. So I have recently purchased a tent and new light for my setup and wondering what you guys think would be the best way to going about pulling a pound or more out of the grow. Light : 1000w HPS/MH Switchable ballast with parabolic reflector. Running with cooltube to keep temps at the best range. Tent : Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Personally I think the tent is too small for a 1k light, you should be able to get a 8x8' footprint out of that, but... lets say you veg out and FIM for 8 weeks, depending on the strain(s) you should EASILY be able to pull more than a pound. Remember, your grow style, nutes, containers, all play a huge part. Your doing a scrog in an area where you can easily do a SOG, but the scrog will be nice to keep the plants out of the light.

Ummmm, aside from all this, yeah, you can get a pound + out of that, but please, please, please, remember that there are sooo many variables in growing, that a seasoned vet could get 2-3 pounds from that same light, but a newbie might only get 3-4 ounces. I've actually personally witnessed 'farmers' only getting 3-4 ounces per plant, with only 6 plants to a light..... That still puts them at over a pound (I tried to show them how to get 3-4 pounds from the same lights, but they weren't interested in learning, just complaining about their genetics)

Good luck bro

The size of the tent is about all the space I am able to work with.

Are you meaning small in a way the 1k light should be more utilized and would output more in a bigger room, or small as in my room is going to over heat. I have the cooltube, 6" exhaust/intake fans so I'm hoping that would be enough to maintain heat.

I mean 600w is plenty of light for a tent that size, I've done closets that are 64x32x90 with 600w. Heat is only a concern for those that don't know how to properly ventilate what they have, I never assume thats going to be an issue until the actual grow starts and your having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by low_rdr
    I mean 600w is plenty of light for a tent that size, I've done closets that are 64x32x90 with 600w. Heat is only a concern for those that don't know how to properly ventilate what they have, I never assume thats going to be an issue until the actual grow starts and your having issues.
    Thanks for your response man.

So you're saying instead of doing a 1000watt use a 600watt and it would have the potential to yield what I am after?

I can properly ventilate, and if it's ok to use a 1000watt in that size without heating issues I would like to use the 1000 as I'll have more space next year.

Sounds good, Joel. I've done many grows in a 2x4 area and you can produce a pound. I've done it by using 12-15 (3) gallon bags and proper plant trimming. Keep them short (3' is good) and trim the bottom branches.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhandle
    Sounds good, Joel. I've done many grows in a 2x4 area and you can produce a pound. I've done it by using 12-15 (3) gallon bags and proper plant trimming. Keep them short (3' is good) and trim the bottom branches.
    Thanks man, I'll use the biggest size pots that space will allow to have 6 girls.

Does a 600watt have potential to pull a lb out of 6 plants?

They will be in a scrog and my screen will be 8-10" above the medium.

Probably will use Advanced nutrients line, either that or Earth Juice.

I want to make sure that the lighting is more then enough to pull a lb out of the girls.

Yes I know lighting isn't everything, I want to make sure the light can do the job I want.

So to update I have gone with the 600watt light cool tubed to keep the temp down in the room.

3x 6" fans have a total of 350+ cfm

I essentially wanted to have 1 fan for the cooltube, and 2 for the exhaust with 2 homemade carbon scrubbers.

Do you think 2 home made carbon scrubbers with 2 fans of 125cfm will suffice in masking the smell?
    I have read that too high of a CFM for homemade carbon scrubbers can counteract the use of the filter, something to do with pressure? So I'm even thinking of using 2x 70cfm fans for each filter totaling 140cfm filtered.

The third fan for the cooltube will be a blower rather then exhaust.

Thanks!

As far as harvest weight vs. electrical costs, my bet is shorter veg time, more plants. Also the less veg time the quicker the return on investment.

Here is my best guess based on my experience. I seem to have average results.
    To fill a space 2 x 4 so it will gross a pound of bud with six plants you may have to veg for 12 weeks. Veg is 18 hrs/day of light = expensive. Same space 15 plants to produce a pound, 6 weeks of veg. Saying the same amount of soil/nutrients 15 plants x 3 gallons or 6 plants in 7.5 gallon pots. The bloom time is the same either way. You do the math.

Your results may vary. Some of the best growers will realize 2+ lbs for 6 plants, 600 watts in a 2' x 4'. Some of the worst will realize ugats.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhandle
    As far as harvest weight vs. electrical costs, my bet is shorter veg time, more plants. Also the less veg time the quicker the return on investment.

Here is my best guess based on my experience. I seem to have average results.
    To fill a space 2 x 4 so it will gross a pound of bud with six plants you may have to veg for 12 weeks. Veg is 18 hrs/day of light = expensive. Same space 15 plants to produce a pound, 6 weeks of veg. Saying the same amount of soil/nutrients 15 plants x 3 gallons or 6 plants in 7.5 gallon pots. The bloom time is the same either way. You do the math.

Your results may vary. Some of the best growers will realize 2+ lbs for 6 plants, 600 watts in a 2' x 4'. Some of the worst will realize ugats.
    I think for part of this I'd have to dis-agree. With 5 plants and a 400watt I yielded just under 3/4 of a lb. Now with with 6-8 plants and a 600watt would I not be able to pull a lb with 6 weeks of veg? The 400watt grow I did only veg'd for 4 weeks and flipped 12/12. It had the most generic walmart nutrients, this time I'm using FoxFarm line and much bigger pot sizes. Not to mention I'm scrogging all these girlies as well.

Anyway, thanks for the input!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast