Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1644 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Energy companies going to work with authorities to find pot growers near me!

Near where I live, apparently houses have been going BOOM as well as burning thanks to people using BUTANE to make hash oil. Great. Heating butane-soaked MJ and blowing up your house. SMART MOVE. :wtf3:

Quote from the article I read (some labels starred out so it's harder to find out where I live... ):

"**** Township Attorney BLAH BLAH said he has spoken with ******** Utility Authority officials and is planning to ask ******2 Energy officials about helping locate homes that are using high levels of utilities, which could indicate the presence of marijuana operations. BLAH said he received a positive response from the ***** but a ****2 official at the July 22 meeting said he would have to get back in touch with the township, though it wouldnâ??t be difficult to do."

It goes on to say that the ****2 is already doing that in the nearby large town and they are working on the suburbs now too. Great. Just great. Weird thing is the township is not a 'burb of that big city, but a 'burb of another bigish city an hour away from downtown big city! Whatever.

But, this is why when you are doing anything, YOU DO IT AS SAFELY AS POSSIBLE. Especially when it is not fully legal (our state is a medical-allowed state with proper paperwork, but our area has rampant illegal activity issues as well as tons of street growers - totally fine with me as long as they don't hurt anyone else, but when not doing it smartly it can affect and even endanger those around you!!! Such as BLOWING UP YOUR HOUSE!).

By the way, last month two houses blew up in this smaller township because of Butane mal-use when making hash oil. The first one was originally thought to have been a lab of another non-legal sort because of the flash fire that happened. But, the remains of TONS of butane, a pit bull, and an assault rifle were in the remains of the blown up house. It was also set to be raided by authorities a few days later for a drug bust, too, but they were too late...

I'm guessing that small growers for personal use and not for financial gain will not be as easily caught with the utility companies' information, but it still really causes me some trepidation in our plans (my husband's current use for pain relief while working on the paperwork for a license!).
    Buggy Reviewed by Buggy on . Energy companies going to work with authorities to find pot growers near me! Near where I live, apparently houses have been going BOOM as well as burning thanks to people using BUTANE to make hash oil. Great. Heating butane-soaked MJ and blowing up your house. SMART MOVE. :wtf3: Quote from the article I read (some labels starred out so it's harder to find out where I live... :D ): "**** Township Attorney BLAH BLAH said he has spoken with ******** Utility Authority officials and is planning to ask ******2 Energy officials about helping locate homes that are using Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Energy companies going to work with authorities to find pot growers near me!

Utility companies and the police have been doing this for years. But they're going after people growing 400+ plants, not you and me who are growing 3-10 plants. The small bit of extra power we are using is not really noticeable nor worth their investigation.

Relax and peace!
    :bonghit: \"Whatever gets you through your life, it\'s alright, alright...\"