Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1685 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Dogs & Cancer

I have been reading a lot about Rick Simpson oil. Would it work with tumors in dogs?
    hottrageous Reviewed by hottrageous on . Dogs & Cancer I have been reading a lot about Rick Simpson oil. Would it work with tumors in dogs? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Dogs & Cancer

Yes.
    Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

Dogs & Cancer

That's encouraging. How much would you give & how would the dogs react by in jesting mj?

Dogs & Cancer

Don't know much a Rick Simpson oil (only what I've read) but weezard will surely clue you in on the positive effects. I do know that cannabis gave my cat an extra 2 years of life when the vet told me to take him home to die! Peace

:thumbsup:
    Keeping pain at bay 24/7©:thumbsup:

Dogs & Cancer

What kind of tumor?
    What size dog?
    And how old?
    Does it have any other problems?

The more information you provide the better the quality of advice you will receive.

Aloha,
    Weezard

Dogs & Cancer

My friends dog is a Jack Russell. He's fat, probably around 25 lbs. He has tumors. Don't know what kind. He's 11-12. No other problems.
    Esteban: how did you treat your cat if you didn't use the oil?
    I have many dog/cat/horse owner friends that need to know that this may work to help save their animals.

Dogs & Cancer

"probably around 25 lbs. He has tumors. Don't know what kind. He's 11-12. No other problems."

OK, that's what we needed.
    Jacks tend to live fast and die too young but lets give this one a few more years of lovin'.

A 150 - 200 pound adult human can tolerate 1 gram of good oil per day.
    So, just scale it down.
    Start with just a dab and increase it to 1/8th, (125mg.) per day.

Not all buds are equal, and not all extractions have the same concentration, so not all oil is equal.

If the dog fall over or appears distressed, back off a little, then increase more gradually.
    Medicine does not have to be unpleasant to be effective.
    If he's just a little wobbly when walking, but bright eyed and responsive, you've got it just right.

If the tumors have breached the skin, apply the oil directly as well as orally.
    This is a case where you can allow him to lick the lesion, because that activity is healing, and self-limiting.
    Mast cell tumors respond quite rapidly, I have no experience with other types.

If his tumors are benign, results are usually less dramatic, but still obvious.

Here's where you can do a solid for dog lovers everywhere.
    Start taking pictures, lots of pictures.
    Lay a dime, or a quarter next to each visible mass for size comparison.
    Then post the sequence of photos here, and elsewhere.
    You can tell people about this all day, but, when they see the actual tumor shrinkage, it gets their full attention.

Aloha, and good luck little dog.

Weezard

Dogs & Cancer

Medicated him using vaporizer. This will help the animal with appetite as well as anxiety. You may administer directly using the "whip" or indirectly by vaping & exhaling in the animals general direction. Peace

:thumbsup:
    Keeping pain at bay 24/7©:thumbsup:

Dogs & Cancer

Can't be beat for anxiety.
    However, tumors require a much higher blood level than one can obtain by vaping.

I had a stoner cat that lived 21 years.
    She begged, no demanded, her share whenever I brought out the rolling tray.
    Would grab my hand and yank it if I tried to twist one up without paying the cat tax.
    Gave her a bud and we were allowed to proceed.

This amused my dealer so, that he started bringing her little pro-bono bags of weed.
    There's always some cosmetically challenged shake by the end of a run, so he'd bag and tag with her name on it.
    My cat loved dat guy.
    Then my grower friend brought her a pound of sugar leaf trim.
    A very happy cat indeed!

I suggest that you offer that dog raw, or butter-fried buds first.
    Could save a lot of hassle, making oil.

Aloha,
    Weeze
    Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

Dogs & Cancer

My pup is a worker around the trim room, keeps the floor picked up. Just yesterday a bag with three oz disappeared from trim table here, later found the dogs laying in yard bag between the three of them. Like a darn chec and chog movie.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast