Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1620 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Dogs & Cancer

Interesting. Do you know what started this sudden behavior? Sounds like something did. Is he alone when he has these spaz attracts? Are your other dogs with him when he does it? Cesar Milan always says that a lot of problems stem from lack of exercise.

Dogs & Cancer

It started when my gf was walking him around a local spot. She said he went totally bonkers. We are thinking it might be his desire to protect us as he seems to lunge towards other dogs that irk him. The dogs he dislikes are big, small, male, female, puppy, mature and of varying colors. We've been trying to flow-chart the predisposing factors that lead to anxious outbursts. He is fine when I have friends come over with their dogs and he is fine at day-care. My dogs run to the point of exhaustion daily. Matter of fact, I'll snag a photo of Gabi laying down to drink water from a chase/keep-away session with her bigger brothers. I can be out walking to a local shop to pick up some wine with just Davinci and myself to walking all three and he will go bonkers and this in turn does aggravate Michelangelo and Gabi amping them up too.

I am perplexed to say the least but love him dearly. We just chalk it up to his one flaw as all of our dogs have one.

PPP~Dragon

Dogs & Cancer

Boy, I don't know. It sure seems that something happened to scare him that first time when your gf walked him. I would keep taking him back to that same spot & making him sit/stay. I don't think it has anything to do with trying to protect you. Have you tried a Gentle Leader collar? It's like a horse halter for dogs. They are terrific. No more chocking them around the neck. For some reason dogs behave much better wearing one. You are controlling their head, & where their head goes, their body follows. Caesar uses them once in a while. I urge you to try it.

4.   Advertisements

Dogs & Cancer

Hey Hotrageous,

Merry Belated X-mas.

Davinci does wear a gentle leader and it does help. He doesn't get frantic in just one spot now and we are trying to deduce what are the precipitating factors to no avail.

PPP~Dragon

Dogs & Cancer

Wonderful. You are making progress. The gentle leader is a hell of a contraption. Keep him thinking about something else when you get to that one spot. Make sure you don't pull on the gentle leader, you need to jerk it to keep his attention. Keep me posted.

Dogs & Cancer

I found this on another web site.
    Cannabis Saved My Dog

Nine years ago, I met my best friend…a spaniel/shepherd/lab mix full of energy. Over the years, through my own personal struggles, Dozer has never left my side. Like a guardian angel, my canine companion has served as pet, protector, and hiking buddy. In short, Dozer is my world.

Two years ago, Dozer had noticeably slowed down. It was as if my playful little puppy had turned into a haggardly old man. After his annual examination with our family veterinarian, we learned that Dozer was afflicted with cancerous tumors – a not so uncommon but potentially fatal disease. Dozer’s human mother, herself a physician, recognized the lumps and the ordeal we were all about to endure.

Having a personal interest in holistic and traditional medicines myself, however, I have always believed that dogs – much like their wolf ancestors – respond better to organic herbs. Using some of my personal supply of cannabis oil, I gave Dozer about one gram per day. About two weeks later, his tumors were noticeably smaller and 40 days later gone.

Those who only believe in “traditional medicine” are being fooled by the pharmaceutical companies – both for humans and pets. And to think the government that I fought for is trying to keep this miracle medicine away from my mutt in her dying days…I am angered and ashamed. So yes, marijuana saved Dozer’s life and put some pep back in his step.

Dogs & Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Weezard
    Yes.
    My dog was diagnosed with a brain tumor in Dec of 2013 a week after having an emergency bladder stone removal. I had been telling the vets that he had been stumbling. Stopped jumping up on the bed in the morning to give me kisses. I was told he probably has arthritis. Irritating.
    Had an MRI done in early Dec at a college and they found a tumor near his cerebellum and the fluid around the tumor presses on his spinal cord with causes the tripping and not falling. The only thing that have me giving him is prednisone. He eats, drinks and lets me know he has to go outside.
    The last couple of days he has been pacing. Falling more also. Today seems to be one of his worst days so far.
    I have someone who is making some cannabis oil and coconut oil for him. What is your opinion? I feel at this point I don't have anything to lose. They can't operate. I tried to get this oil a month and half ago but no luck. Will this help him? He was 42 pounds when we began this. He must weight closer to 50 now. He has been eating and drinking like crazy until yesterday. I will have it tomorrow but I don't know how much to give him. I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you CJ

Dogs & Cancer

This story gives me hope.

Dogs & Cancer

I am so sorry. I feel your pain. Please read what weezard wrote on page 1 of this thread. He gave directions on how to use the RSO. It can't hurt to try it, i wish you had started months ago. Please keep us posted. God bless & give him a kiss for me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234