Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1513 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Dogs & Cancer

Hi Weezard, thanks for the recommendation above. I have a few more questions before I start my dog on the oil.
    1. I have not been able to find RSO in my local clubs. I do have access to these types [Amber Oil-Jack Herer (S/I) 70.5% THC, 6.10% CBD] [Amber Oil-Green Cush(S/I) 71.6% THC, 5.30%CBD] and lastly [Amber Oil-Black&Purple (I/S) 80.8% THC, 2.10% CBD] which of these 3 would be equivalent to the RSO in your opinion.
    2. You recommend mixing it with butter, is there a reason why butter is the preferred mixing ingredient? How would we mix it?
    3. You stated one gram of butter in 3 divided doses per day. Would spreading the 1 gram pre-mixed butter/oil on a piece of chicken 3x per day do the trick?
    4. In summary a full course of treatment would consist of 160 grams of butter and 2 grams of oil. Would you recommend a certain brand of butter and would the 3 oil options I listed above be ok or should I look into getting the actual RSO for treatment. Thanks again for your help.

Dogs & Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Gizzy
    Hi Weezard, thanks for the recommendation above. I have a few more questions before I start my dog on the oil.
    1. I have not been able to find RSO in my local clubs. I do have access to these types [Amber Oil-Jack Herer (S/I) 70.5% THC, 6.10% CBD] [Amber Oil-Green Cush(S/I) 71.6% THC, 5.30%CBD] and lastly [Amber Oil-Black&Purple (I/S) 80.8% THC, 2.10% CBD] which of these 3 would be equivalent to the RSO in your opinion.

Of those three, I'd try the one with the highest CBD:THC ratio.

2. You recommend mixing it with butter, is there a reason why butter is the preferred mixing ingredient? How would we mix it?

Two reasons.
    1. Butter is a suitable solvent.
    2. Most dogs will happily eat butter.

Just warm it and stir it, then pop it in the fridge.
    Then cut it into bite size cubes and serve with meals

3. You stated one gram of butter in 3 divided doses per day. Would spreading the 1 gram pre-mixed butter/oil on a piece of chicken 3x per day do the trick?

Yes, but you can probably hold the chicken.
    Most dogs like butter and will usually lick it from a dish.

4. In summary a full course of treatment would consist of 160 grams of butter and 2 grams of oil. Would you recommend a certain brand of butter and would the 3 oil options I listed above be ok or should I look into getting the actual RSO for treatment. Thanks again for your help.
    What brand?
    Ask the dog if it has a preference.
    Seriously, butter is butter, we are only using it to make dosage titration managable.

Personally, I would try to find , or make, RSO from the original recipe.
    The club oil might be just fine IDK.
    There is a test.
    If you, or a friend have a new or suspicious looking mole, goop it up with oil and put a bandaid over it.
    Change it daily for a week or two.
    If nothing happens, keep looking for RSO.
    If it shrinks and/or sloughs off, you are good to go.

I just removed a very annoying skin growth with oil, can not even find a scar.

'zat help?

Aloha,
    Weeze
    Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

3.   Advertisements

Dogs & Cancer

I make a tincture- similar to green dragon but with my own adjustments, I apply it to a spot on my arm and it has almost gone away over a 2 month period. I apply it 2 times a day and leave it open for air dry. It gets ugly red, peels, looks good for a few day and repeats, ugly red, peels and looks better until when we are in the almost better change we are looking at a lesion that is much smaller and barely pink rather than red.
    I also share this with my merlin- my avatar pic....he likes it...I squirt a little on my finger and he licks it off- he isn't sick but he likes it.
    Thanks for the info Weezard! I will file it away for the future!

Dogs & Cancer

One more thing- I know we are discussing cannabis as cure, but I also work within the etheric body of people and animals. Sttones and crystals and tones are very good tools to manipulate this energy body on both humans and animals.
    Crystals that are beneficial for dogs that are ill are Selenite ( water soluable, do not get wet), green calcite and bloodstone. by putting these stones in the dogs resting place it actually adds a vibration that requires the dog's energetic vibration to start to raise, as this happens the dis-ease starts to fall away into the background. Much easier to work with animals rather than humans who resist change and have firm beliefs.
    Tones that work on dogs well are 396 hz and 417 hz. These should be done with weighted tuning forks and the tip of the tuning fork applied to the dogs third eye- in the area between the eyes. weighted are used because unweighted hurts the ears of the dog.These tones encourage the dog to return to it's natural homestasis- because animals rarely get ill without human involvement.
    Crystal for sick cats- Selenite ( water soluable- do not get wet), green kyanite and Ruby. Placing these stones around where the cat sleeps or eats will help the cat to remember the 'greenman' energy for which cats are reknown for across the world. The energy of being independant of the influence of others. CAts need this to remain in a healthful state of homestasis.
    Tones that help cats are in the 528 hz and 892 hz. These can be applied at the top of the head for a cat with weighted tuning forks, again the sound bothers the ears.
    If you implement these crystals you will notice that your animals love them and will tell you what they want and how they want your help with them. I had a best friend for 19 yrs. that took her last breath curled around a very large quartz crystal and remains there in that stone to this day. Animals love crystals, they are part of the natural world that we have removed them from and help them remember what and who they really are.
    Peace!

Oh p.s. as absolutely crazy as this may seem- attract as many frogs to the yard of sick animal as you can - the chirping that they do is mother natures natural medicine....

Dogs & Cancer

Thought this may be of interest.

Seen At 11: Medical Marijuana For Your Furry Friends
    Some Pet Owners Have Looked To Cannabis To Treat Their Sick Pets

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — When it comes to sick pets many owners will go to great lengths to help them feel better.
    Now, some have started to take matters into their own hands and have turned to a remedy that isn’t even legal in some states, CBS 2′s Maurice Dubois reported Friday.
    Rowyn Capers’ dog, “Luna,” was suffering from late-stage lymphoma and was put on an intense schedule of chemotherapy. The treatments came with devastating side effects.
    “Her lymph nodes were like golf balls and she was coughing constantly and she couldn’t breath and I just thought it’s time to say goodbye,” Capers said.
    Capers gave Luna medical marijuana to help ease her suffering.
    “The first time I dosed her I was so scared. We were looking at her all night,” Capers said, “The more I increased her cannabis dose the less side effects that she had. The vomiting stopped, the diarrhea stopped.”
    The cannabis came in the form of a concentrated oil in a capsule. Capers said the results have been remarkable.
    “When you see them enjoying life and feeling better and not being sick you know you’ve hit something,” she said.
    Certified animal behaviorist Darlene Arden is a strong advocate for the use of medical marijuana on pets. She called cannabis a “legitimate medication.”
    “I think we can now see marijuana for exactly what it is and what it can do. Not a street drug but a legitimate medication to be used under proper supervision,” she said.

The ASPCA disagrees.
    “We don’t have enough data to know how it can be used effectively and we currently have a lot of really good modalities to treat pain using multiple different drugs and therapies,” Dr. Amy Greenbaum said.

However, some dog owners feel that cannabis may be a safer option.
    “I don’t want to bash the drugs, but you take some of these pain medications for the dogs and you hear, ‘we’ll have to check the blood level and make sure their liver is OK,’” Mary Lynn Mathre said.
    When Mathre’s 13-year-old golden retriever was diagnosed with cancer she administered a daily dose of cannabis to all of her pets.
    “Normally for the dogs for the cancer it seems that butter made from the remnants of the cannabis plant, the leaves from the plant, and put it on a cracker and every evening they get their cannabis cracker,” she said.
    Mathre said that the cannabis helped with the cancer and was also effective in treating a hot spot on another dog’s leg.
    “There was no hair on a circle that it would lick and lick,” Mathre explained.
    Al Byrne said he tried it on his dogs as well and was impressed with the results.
    “I’ve seen all three of our dogs, they range in age from 13 to 3, remarkably improve,” he said. “I would say the energy is up. Certainly their coat and their shine in their eyes is there.”
    Until there is a formal study on the effectiveness of medical marijuana on pets, experts advise caution.
    “The one thing more heartbreaking than watching your pet suffer would be to know that maybe you gave your pet something that made them worse or killed them, and that’s just not a risk that I would be willing to take,” Dr. Greenbaum said.
    The cannabis given to pets is treated and administered in a way that does not make them high, Dubois reported.

Dogs & Cancer

Do we have an update from Gizzy on her Pom?

Dogs & Cancer

Hey All,

I've been blessed with 3 dogs (1 male Akita-Michelangelo, 1 male Mini-Australian Shepherd-Davinci, and 1 female Mini-Australian Shepherd-Gabriella) and Davinci gets super anxious when we are out and about in a new area where he just starts barking uncontrollably and pulling at his leash and freaking out. When he is home he is totally fine and is a total love bug. He travels super well unlike Gabi who is just now getting over car sickness.

Michelangelo is 5 years old and weighs 141lbs and is very healthy
    Davinci is just over 1 year old and weighs 30lbs and is very healthy
    Gabi the lil porker is 9 months old and weights 17lbs and is also very healthy

None have allergies and eat a diet of 50/50 Acana/Blue.

I am curious in how to go about medicating Davinci for his anxiety which at times makes him act totally neurotic.

Thanks in advance,
    PPP~Dragon

Attachment 296877

[attachment=o296878]

Dogs & Cancer

How often does he get to go to new places? How much training does he have? I think I'd work on driving him all over the place & introducing him to new places & work on obedience training before I started to medicate him. Make him heel & sit when he freaks out. Save the medication for when he really needs it.

Dogs & Cancer

Morning Hotrageous,

Davinci has been through Puppy Kindergarten and Puppy Elementary school and is very well behaved around the house and we did the 100 ppl and 100 dogs in the first 100 days he was with us. We socialized him very well and this new onset anxiety is just that, fairly new. When we are walking trails, if I stop he sits and waits. He is actually really well behaved. We've contemplated Cesar Milan even though he is a negative reinforcement practitioner and all of our training has been positive reinforcement.

PPP~Dragon

Here is a photo of Davinci and I headed to Trader Joe's when he was a little puppy.
    Attachment 296884

Here is a photo of Davinci at a local dog park
    Attachment 296885

Dogs & Cancer

Here are some photos of Davinci at day-care and he is ok there.

PPP~Dragon

Attachment 296886

Attachment 296887

Attachment 296888

Attachment 296889

Attachment 296890

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast