Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1429 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Dogs & Cancer

Thank you, thank you. You are indeed a Weezard. If I can help this Jack Russell i will be so happy. He is a wonderful dog.
    Your cat story was a riot.

2.   Advertisements

Dogs & Cancer

Through several studies it has been found that Rick Simpson is medically active in the healing powers of Cancer. It is also been seen that the oil rejuvenates vital organs and treated people feel younger after getting treatment.

Dogs & Cancer

Some Cannabis studies have been shown to Prevent Cancer! Unrelated but should check out some of the ongoing studies being performed in Israel. Peace

:thumbsup:
    Keeping pain at bay 24/7©:thumbsup:

Dogs & Cancer

My Pomeranian was just diagnosed with a brain tumor. He weighs 5 pounds and were told that all they could do for him was to put him on prednisone. Do you think the oil can help him and what dose would you recommend? Have you heard of tumors shrinking with this oil? I am desperate and willing to try anything to help him.

Dogs & Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Gizzy
    My Pomeranian was just diagnosed with a brain tumor. He weighs 5 pounds and were told that all they could do for him was to put him on prednisone. Do you think the oil can help him and what dose would you recommend? Have you heard of tumors shrinking with this oil? I am desperate and willing to try anything to help him.

Avoid the Prednisone if you can, it is symptomatic treatment only, and will compromise the dog's immune system by shutting down production of white blood cells.
    If there are no seizures from swelling pass on the prednisone .

Yes, I do think the oil could help.
    It does shrink tumors and hinder metastasis.
    My dear friend has been taking it for a year and a half for a brain tumor where avg. survival is 6 months.
    It has slowed my prostate cancer enough to give me 7 healthy years so far and I can expect another 12 at the present rate of growth.

As for dosage.
    It's best to err on the side of caution.
    Over medicating is just as un-fun for a dog as it is for a human.

(The dog does not have the comfort of knowing why it feels that way and that it's temporary.)

So, A 200 pound male has to work his way up to a gram per day.
    Your pup weighs 1/40th as much.
    I'd start with 4 or 5 mg. every 8 hours and slowly increase it to 9 or 10 mg.

How to measure?
    Well, you could take a gram of RSO and mix it with ~80 grams of butter.
    Then start with one gram of butter in 3 divided doses per day and work your way up to 2 grams as the dog tolerates it.
    So, 2 grams of oil should provide a full course of treatment for such a wee beastie.

Disclaimer:
    I'm not a doctor, not even a veterinarian.
    I'm just some guy on the internet, but I do believe that RSO will help your pup.
    Bottom line?
    It won't do any damage.
    That, is a fact!
    Please keep us posted on the progress

Aloha,
    Weez
    ard

Dogs & Cancer

I feel for you. Please listen to Weezard. What can it hurt? I've read that it takes around 3 months to show a difference in tumor growth. Please put him on the oil & retest (I'm assuming an x-ray showed the tumor) in 3 months. Please, please keep us posted as this information may help other animal lovers.

Dogs & Cancer

Thanks for your input Weezard. Vets, like doctors don't know everything, nor are a lot of them open to suggestions. A few times I have cured my own dogs/horses with an off the wall treatment that my vet thought was ridiculous, but it worked, so the hell with them.

Dogs & Cancer

Thank you! I'm going to stop the prednisone and try this. I hope it helps him and will keep you posted. Have you heard back from the guy with the Jack Russell?

Dogs & Cancer

Be very careful with the Prednisone.
    It must be tapered down over time.
    If you just stop cold, it could trigger psychosis.

It's the best thing that medicine has for swelling, inflammation and autoimmune reactions.
    But it is serious medication and can do damage if misapplied.
    Follow the directions for tapering off the Prednisone while you taper up the oil.

@Hotrageous
    We would really like to hear from the Jack Russel owners.
    It has been long enough to show some tumor shrinkage.

Aloha,
    Weeze

Dogs & Cancer

Yes, you need to wean the dog off prednisone. Decrease every day. There are major problems if you don't. I know from experience.
    Regarding the Jack Russell. The vet has not determined that his tumors are cancer. If he were my dog, he would be getting the oil now, but I can't force the owner. I don't think she has done anything yet. How dumb.
    My first crop will be ready to chop down shortly. The first thing I'm going to do is make myself some oil. That's how much I believe in it. I don't have any problems except minor aches & pains, but I don't want any either. Hopefully the oil will help.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast