Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1669 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Enhanced Green Dragon (ie with Kava) Any suggestions?

I have been pretty successfully making green dragon for about a year now. (Recipe below) I read the other day about someone who was attempting to mix kava tea into green dragon but there were no specifics on how to do it or how effective it was. That got me thinking though about how cool it would be to try mixing GD with other herbs & such.
    Has anyone tried this? What specifically did you do? What were results? etc.

I generally make a a half liter of green dragon at a time and keep it about three months. I think it would be cool to try and split that up into like quarter liters and try enhancing those with other herbs.

So here's my method
    1 liter of 190 Proof everclear (~$20)
    1 ounce of low grade or old bud

1. Grind in coffee grinder
    2. Bake in the oven @ 290F for 15min
    3. Boil @ 165F using the double boiler method for a half hour
    4. Strain and enjoy!

Results: My favorite part is that GD is a great way to share with inexperienced smokers. Just make mixed drinks like you're mixing alcoholic drinks. For a nonsmoker 1/4 of a shot is good. I take 1/3 of a shot. Daily heavy smokers usually take 1/2 a shot. A full shot is bad news bears.
    mstoobs Reviewed by mstoobs on . Enhanced Green Dragon (ie with Kava) Any suggestions? I have been pretty successfully making green dragon for about a year now. (Recipe below) I read the other day about someone who was attempting to mix kava tea into green dragon but there were no specifics on how to do it or how effective it was. That got me thinking though about how cool it would be to try mixing GD with other herbs & such. Has anyone tried this? What specifically did you do? What were results? etc. I generally make a a half liter of green dragon at a time and keep it Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

so, your boiling Everclear for half an hour? Not a gas range, I hope. Most recipes do not boil the alcoho but just let it 'set' a spell.

I don't know much about Green Dragon, I just read Master Wu's Definitive Green Dragon recipe (in this forum) and he uses the 170ΒΊ soak. I do have some pot to use for something other than smoke so I may consider doing this. Thanks for the post. Be safe!

I have made qwiso which evaporates off all the alcohol. I use a crockpot as the double boiler and do this out in the garage with plenty of ventilation.

I have used some additives into the green dragon to try it out.
    I do my green dragon a little different - I decarb it for an hour @ 240 degrees in a closed pan
    Then cook it down just under 150 degrees for about 8 hours- gives me a good nutty flavor and a beautiful body high.

Then I have tons of other elixers that I mix with it and journal…one day I may publish the findings but it has really been for my own benefit…

My favs so far!

Lemon Balm Elixer- excellent anti anxiety, although green dragon is good for this on it's own- re-dosing is required, the lemon balm gave several hours of anxiety relief- around 7.5 to be exact.

Ashwaganda - an indian arurvedic herb, used for energy and sexual stimulation - tastes like shit but really amps up the 'energy' with the green dragon which sometimes makes me sleepy.

Shizandra - another indian ayurvedic herb - like sniffin a line to be honest - the best mix is green dragon, ashwaganda and shizandra, just like a red bull.

I wasn't crazy about mixing it with Kava, made me sleepy- BUT I did like it by taking 3 dropperfuls of green dragon and chewing 5 salvia leaves ( the traditional method) - nice evening there….so much so that it inspired me to start my own little salvia (D) farm….

Tusli extract is a great potentiator- so it helps the green dragon last longer and helps you to recieve the full benefit from it.

Passion Flower Extract, Skullcap and Green Dragon have seen 2 of my friends off of herion, both clean for close to a year now….

Mixing the extracts is an art- have fun and be safe, would love to hear what else your doing!