Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1602 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

INDUCTION LIGHT TEST GROW

About the units:

I purchased 8 300 watt induction lights from a vendor on aliexpress. 4 of the ballast went bust from the start

I purchased 8 maximizer reflectors 35 bucks a piece they come with nice heavy gauge cords..

8 female 3 prong plug.s from home depot.

2.   Advertisements

Dailedin About the units:

I purchased 8 300 watt induction lights from a vendor on aliexpress. 4 of the ballast went bust from the start
    ....:wtf:

Are you using plasma or magnetic? If your using magnetic are you using external or internal? I can't actually see your lights or ballasts. Are you using ceramic or quartz bulbs, or do you know? What temp are the bulbs? The pics look like your using a 5k neutral, but its often hard to tell in pictures.

Induction lighting is a very, very, very good source of lighting, but there are a few issues, the first of which is heat, not from the bulbs themselves but from the magnetic drivers, although in theory this would be an excellent candidate for a true water cooled heatsink. Albeit an extra added expense, the benefit of the 100k hour bulbs far outweighs the setup costs.

Now, my final question is, what frequency are you operating on? I would be very upset if my microwave or other similar appliances that interfere with RF would flicker my lights. I've always been a HUGE fan of tesla, and this is one of the reasons why. Unfortunately, we could be SOOO much further along with induction if it weren't for fucking edison.....

Anyway - If you could please answer the above questions to the best of your ability, I would TRULY appreciate it

The Ballast are magnetic they operate at 50-60 hz. They do produce heat but tge hotter they get the better they run +10% so 300 runs at 330. I am using 3 2700k Which run great, and one 5000k. I would not recommend the 5000k, the 2700k reads much higher on my light meters

Okay, so your not using the true wireless setup? Induction lights were actually created to be cordless, the ballasts are the transmitters which typically operate anywhere above 1.2ghz and the magnetic drivers are the receivers - The heat issue I was talking about is much like your phone heating up when your on a long conversation, the receivers are notorious for discharging excess energy into heat... I'm an engineer, but Tesla was a born genius.

Anyway, what kind of temps do they put off?

They are rather warm, you can touch them but you can't keep your hand on the bulb.Attachment 293276

Btw, when a magnetic ballast goes bust how can I fix it Lowrdr?

Quote Originally Posted by Esteban1
    Sweet grow bro. Enjoy!

:thumbsup:
    Thanks Esteban

There are magnetic ballast repair kits that are about $60, just swap out your bad parts for the good parts, or if you know exactly what is blown, you can just order that part from a electronics supplier and swap it out. There isn't much that can go bad in a ballast, you've got your supply, a few capacitors, and not much else, did they pop or fizzle? usually this is a capacitor, sometimes also followed by a puff of smoke, now and then you can get alot of smoke from the power plant going out, and some of the power plants will have a small inline fuse attached to them, check that fuse too. (Sometimes these fuses are on the side of the ballast where you can unscrew it and pull them out)

Thanks low rdr

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast