Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1769 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

NEED HELP, DONT KNOW WHERE TO POST!! I THINK MY CAT GOT POISONED BY...

Hello- I am not sure where to post this question. Please advise if it needs to be posted elsewhere...

I accidentally left a little container of Formula420 on a high countertop. My damn cat got up there and I think he got into it because he is wheezy, coughing and not looking well. I AM taking him to the vet TODAY. I thought the stuff was non toxic, and I can see how Morrissey (my cat) would like it because of the sweet smell. Does anyone know anything about this or HOW toxic the stuff is? Also may this serve as a warning to keep this stuff out of the way of your beloved pets! There is a possibility that my a$$hole neighbor poisoned him. He is indoor/outdoor.
    MissBotwin1978 Reviewed by MissBotwin1978 on . NEED HELP, DONT KNOW WHERE TO POST!! I THINK MY CAT GOT POISONED BY... Hello- I am not sure where to post this question. Please advise if it needs to be posted elsewhere... I accidentally left a little container of Formula420 on a high countertop. My damn cat got up there and I think he got into it because he is wheezy, coughing and not looking well. I AM taking him to the vet TODAY. I thought the stuff was non toxic, and I can see how Morrissey (my cat) would like it because of the sweet smell. Does anyone know anything about this or HOW toxic the stuff is? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

jus get him 2 vets asap... take container with you so they know whats in it!
    Good luck!

yes, to the vets asap! let us know how kitty makes out, please.

Hows the cat?

Damned. I hate to see animals hurt. Sometimes when things are labled 'non-toxic, that means to humans. After all, chocolate, onions, grapes/rasins are POISONOUS to dogs, so only your vet or poison control would know. Does the product have a ph no listed on the packaging you could call? Cats are so sensitive to so many things, & god I love them dearly. I'm always having my heart ripped out over things cruel asswipes do to them. Should it turn out your ASS of a neighbor DID poison him, I'd exact some sweet revenge upon that sorry waste of space. (Provided he has no pets), An over dose of laxatives in the water supply would do just fine.
    Keep us posted.
    I\'m an ole\' tree huggin hippie. I do what I like & like what I do.

They don't list the ingredients on the label but it appears to be rubbing alcohol, salt, and blue coloring.
    Isopropyl alcohol causes serious belching and can kill in high doses.
    That said, winos drink it all the time.
    They hit the E.R. with serious, stinky belching, but it rarely kills them.
    The LD-50 is a tad worse than ethanol and the symptoms are similar.

As for your neighbor.
    Most cat poisonings are from propylene glycol, (Anti-freeze), that gets left out in open containers.
    It has a sweet taste, cats seem to be attracted to it.
    What I'm saying is;
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be attributed to stupidity."

Best wishes
    Weeze

They changed the formulation of anti-freeze a few yrs back & substituted the proplylene glycol with something suposedly non-toxic to pets & she seems to have reason to believe her neighbor would have the tendency to do something like this. Should the toxicology report identity the poison & it seems intentional, then I'm in favor of non- lethal revenge. A little laxative never hurt anybody, & a good cleaning out might clean up his attitude. Puts a whole new meaning to the phrase,' scared the shit out of him'. But I'd wait for the vets verdict. No use starting world war lll in your neighborhood if you're wrong. I feel when someone does something mean to an animal, it should be done back to them.

To ethylene glycol.

"nti
    Automotive antifreeze/coolant is made of ethylene glycol, water, and a chemical additive package. For many years, there was only one type of antifreeze on the market, conventional green. Antifreeze technology, however, has become significantly more complex in the last several years with the introduction of Dexcool and other extended life antifreeze formulas. There are three main types of antifreeze on the market. They all contain an ethylene glycol base, water, dye and an additive package. Colored dye is added for leak detection and is not a reliable way of identifying coolant type. The additive package is what makes them different. "

And it is quite toxic to dogs and cats.

What to look for.

"Within the first few hours there may be vomiting and/or drooling, due to irritation of the stomach. There may also be stumbling and depression, resembling drunkenness (ethylene glycol is a type of alcohol). Within 24 to 48 hours, signs of kidney failure will develop, including loss of appetite, vomiting, dehydration, excessive urination, or no urination at all."

Hope the kitty recovers.

Aloha,
    Weeze

Hell, I just typed a whole post & lost it. I googled & see I was misinformed by someone with ulterior motives. (Mechanics who wanted to use my garage). I do Apologize. But if the tox test & vet indicated cruel intent, this crazy cat lady would be out for revenge.

No worries brah.
    Posts had value.
    Evabody learned sumpin', yah?

As for anyone who would poison a critter.
    They are their own punishment.
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    Jus' look at the miserable bastard they HAVE to live with.
    Karmic interference not required. JMHO

Aloha,
    Weeze