Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1682 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Plants under bird table

Hey
    After a visit to my parent's house, I have been gifted 6 young plants that were growing under my dad's bird table. I'm pretty sure they are what we think they are. The weather has been extremely good for the past few weeks and they've sprung up naturally.
    My dad told me he had one plant growing under the bird table, when I checked there were 9 in total, all at various different stages of growth/height!! Trying to hide the excitement in my voice and thinking along the lines of 'personal/medicinal' use my immediate thought was, 'could I get one decent plant from a few cuttings?' ...casually I asked if I could take a cutting. Dad then tells me I can take the lot as he would only have to bin them as he has a nosy neighbour who he doesn't regard very highly and also he's a member of the parish council (obvious repercussions here if he was caught growing them even by accident!) Lost 2 of the 9 digging up and potting so I was left with 7 which were stashed in the boot of a car. Dad then joked that he would like to have put one in his neighbour's poly tunnel and then phone the police before telling me to go steady and not get caught with them in the car on the way back home.
    As everyone knows the British summer isn't great and the weather has cooled off a bit, I now have only 3 or 4 viable plants. Lost one as it's stem was bent, another 2 wilted and not taken to the pot at all
    I'm wondering if I now have hermies or industrial hemp as it's known as I'm having difficulty sexing them, don't think even if they are female that they would flower heavily, if at all to get a good yield as they all look a bit straggly to me.
    The pistils which are located in the v stems? They are brown, is this due to too much water when potting them up and or stress?
    Any advice welcome and good to get acquainted with everyone
    Cliff top bird Reviewed by Cliff top bird on . Plants under bird table Hey :) After a visit to my parent's house, I have been gifted 6 young plants that were growing under my dad's bird table. I'm pretty sure they are what we think they are. The weather has been extremely good for the past few weeks and they've sprung up naturally. My dad told me he had one plant growing under the bird table, when I checked there were 9 in total, all at various different stages of growth/height!! Trying to hide the excitement in my voice and thinking along the lines of Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Plants under bird table

I'm pretty sure that what you have is industrial hemp which won't do you much good unless you want to make fibers for twine or something. A lot of bird seed mixes contain hemp seeds. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    :bonghit: \"Whatever gets you through your life, it\'s alright, alright...\"

Plants under bird table

Thanks. S'ok. I think in my heart of hearts I already knew what they might be, it didn't stop me from checking on them a few times a day though, hoping for a miracle!
    I'll be taking pics soon of what's left before consigning them to the brown bin.... might help for reference?
    As for bursting my bubble, it happens regularly in my little world, it's called LIFE and I've got used to it I never let it curb my enthusiasm though!

Plants under bird table

hi did u have any luck , my dad kept canneries and a plant grew from spiled seed and budded and full of crystals ...good smoke