Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1668 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Smoking Bans and Lease Agreements

I've been researching a moving to the San Diego area and I've been told SMOKING anything is becoming a huge issue in shared apartment complexes (rentals). Are any of you dealing with complaints from neighbors or has your building instituted a smoking ban on the property ?

From my research it seems like people want this to happen but the courts turned the proposal down this year. That's not to say it won't appear again.

A real estate agent told me to have my medical MJ use mentioned in the lease but that seems like a tough sell to a potential renter that doesn't want any kind of smoking.

I'd love to hear some first hand accounts.

Thanks
    Chrizzz Reviewed by Chrizzz on . Smoking Bans and Lease Agreements I've been researching a moving to the San Diego area and I've been told SMOKING anything is becoming a huge issue in shared apartment complexes (rentals). Are any of you dealing with complaints from neighbors or has your building instituted a smoking ban on the property ? From my research it seems like people want this to happen but the courts turned the proposal down this year. That's not to say it won't appear again. A real estate agent told me to have my medical MJ use mentioned in Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Hey Chrizzz,

I love in San Diego and have been in apartments and houses. Here's my experience. One, don't tell your landlord or anyone else. People are becoming more open-minded here but there are still many conservatives here that don't get the MMJ movement. If you live in Ocean Beach, Pacific Beach, Imperial Beach, South County, National City or Chula Vista, I don't think you'll have any problems. OB and PB have very open attitudes toward MMJ. Mission Valley, Fashion Valley, North County, Coronado, and the University area are a little tougher. They crack down a tad in the University area just because of all the students. Overall, this is a very MMJ friendly area and you shouldn't have any trouble. Even the Mayor of SD is a advocate!

Note, because of the temperate climate, many apartments do not have AC so you have to leave a window open when it gets hot. If you smoke inside, you may want to check if your apartment will have AC.

You can also use a vaporizer, edibles, dabs or the old dryer sheet tube to cut down on smell.

Good luck! Let me know if you have any SD questions. Happy to recommend MMJ docs or dispensaries.

I appreciate the informative response. Especially coming from someone living in San Diego. Thank You.

I've been told that south of downtown is way more liberal than North County. Unfortunately I envisioned myself in some little beach community like Encinitas or Del Mar. Anywhere near the Coaster Train/Trolley. Although I could do South SD if I found a tranquil living environment close to the action. I do not want to live in a building with college kids or rowdy people. I am moving to SD for a *quiet laid back lifestyle.

When you mention a "crackdown" in the university area what exactly takes places when these happen ?

I'd like to chat with you by private message but I was not able to locate the link when i clicked on your profile. Can you send me a message perhaps and we can connect that way ?

Thanks Again.

I'd like to chat with you by private message but I was not able to locate the link when i clicked on your profile. Can you send me a message perhaps and we can connect that way ?
    Mod Note: The P/M system is not enabled for the general members. Read post #16 of this thread:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/feedback-...e-message.html

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    Mod Note: The P/M system is not enabled for the general members. Read post #16 of this thread:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/feedback-...e-message.html
    That explains everything thanks. I thought it was just my inability to located the PM link.

SORRY