Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1703 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

I use many other ingredients when I blend a soil, including worm castings and bat guano. When I amend used soil I use different amounts and not all the original ingredients. I just showed my shopping list. that's all.

Lipps, I see you offer lots of advice on growing. Thank you. Do you grow anything yourself? Any documentation on your trials and errors or are you just an avid reader? No offense meant, but I do look to see other folks results when I consider using their advice and I see you've not posted any personal grow posts.

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

So the Euro Outdoor strain must be about eight weeks old now. I'm still watching one plant (wit the 13 and 14 leaflet leaves) to show sex. One other (far left) I thought was a female but now It appears to be male. Bunches of flowers with no hairs. Another day or two to be sure before I pluck him out.
    Attachment 293871

Thirteen leaflets
    Attachment 293872

Fourteen leaflets
    Attachment 293873

Shit
    Attachment 293875

NL#5 x Sk#1
    Attachment 293874

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

What is the significance of having many "leaflets"?
    Keeping pain at bay 24/7©:thumbsup:

4.   Advertisements

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Quote Originally Posted by Esteban1
    What is the significance of having many "leaflets"?
    Something I read in a cannabis grow bible type of book about 40 years ago. Something about the number of leaflets and the number of serrations on the leaflets was called a 'leaf index' and this could indicate quality genetics and general health. I have seen where sick, unhealthy plants do have less leaf index. But I don't know if there is any science in it. I do like extraordinary specimens including leaves. My avatar are leaves I grew in 1970.

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

yea kinda cool, reminds me of some old sayings about growing hot peppers. if the pepper stems are curved. watch out they are Hot.

nice corn patch btw..

wow those plants have gotten pretty big.

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

update Aug 19
    Of the four remaining Euro Outdoor strain There now ermains two females. The brilliant specimen with so much leaf 'character' is broken to bits and pitched in the ditch.
    I just picked up a fresh gallon of black-strap molasses so I had to start a compost tea.

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Do you use food or agricultural grade molasses? Thanks

:hippy:

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Agricultural, I get it for free. Of my customers there are animal feed mills and a molasses terminal (picture a fuel tank farm, only molasses). In the kitchen we have organic molasses from the food co-op and Grandma's. I try not to use those, it I can help it.

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Convenient, I'm stuck with grocery store crap but ordering up agricultural later tonight. Keep up the good work. Peace

:rastasmoke:

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

How where the roasting ears, even with kitty litter, raccoons got all my sweet corn

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast