Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1749 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Ok. The kickass one I bred back in the 80's I kept goin till the thieft I called Big Bertha. She did well even in the woods, bright shade, no direct sun. Here's her genetics.... #1 skunk X northern lights male to big bud. Then a male from that breeding that seemed the most northern lights (to keep it smaller & earlier) bred back to big bud clone. Then from this second generation, I chose a female most like big bud, & the male most like skunk & northern lights. Ok now, this third gen was the hardest to choose. Out of over 100 plants to choose from (yeah, UGH!), I was looking for these traits; the bud size of big bud, size & earliness & heavy trichrome of NL, & the skunkiness of skunk & of course the strong stem. From your own experience, you know I had about 50% throw backs more resembling one of the three, so I collected the pollen from the males that most resembled a more ballanced blend of the three, hand pollenated lower buds of females also of a ballanced blend. Three more gens, & I had a stabilized strain. This shit kicked ass. I got exactly what I was breeding for. A total of 6 yrs to breed, then stabilize, so you know how pissed I was when the thieves got the whole crop & me with NO SEEDS left of all this work. Most of the seeds I had moulded in storage, so I had planted all I had left & was counting on the resulting seeds of that crop. I'd started this in '83 or '84 & that's all I grew untill this summer when the thieves hit me. Damned this is longer than I intended, but the moral to this genetic story is.... maybe your outdoor euro would do well under my trees too? Or maybe you'd know a strain of similar genetics? Miss my big bertha. I could keep her as sm as I wanted (potted & started late) or grow her as big as she wanted (started early & planted in open ground under my trees). Great indoors or outdoors. Versatile as hell. I think I'm gonna cry. ~~~PEACE!~~~

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Cat, the Euros did not grow under trees, the other two strains did and the yield was off a lot, especially the Shit. But they didn't get ripped, so that's something.

I started the trimming.

Euro plant

Attachment 295711

Attachment 295712

Shit

Attachment 295713

Attachment 295714

(2) three quart mason's of Euro (12 ounces) Two jars of Shit (2.5 ounces)

Attachment 295715

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Holy Shit! Those pics remind me of my childhood, jumping in a fall leaf pile! That's a lot of herbage dude! What's the weight?
    -- I've had strains that didn't produce so well under trees, mosty sativa dominate. Then I've had some sweet little short fat indicas that thrived in the woods. I used to call them mommas little wood nymphs! Haha! Really pissed that the thieves brought Big Bertha to an end. I could kick my own ass for not saving back a few seeds 'just incase'. I KNEW I had a theft problem here. I should be jack slapped for planting them all. It's my own damned fault. Now I'll be spending a lot of time asking questions & searching info from seed banks just to find a new strain that suits my needs (for outdoor). That's time I'd rather spend growing. The aurora indica I've decided on for indoors will probably fit the bill for the available light, but it sounds like it will be small even outdoors. I'm also thinking most labled for indoor grow can do without all day full sun & may work in my outdoor garden, but then again, they most likely won't have the genetic resistance to disease or stress from fluctuations either. I am SO pissed at myself. Not only about Big Bertha, but the fact I haven't keep up with the new strains in years so I'm as clueless as a noobe! I hate STUPID! Especially when it's me!
    ---- But back to your harvest man, you did great! I'd like to bury my face in that pile of buds!
    ~~~~PEACE!~~~~

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1

Attachment 295754

Attachment 295755

Attachment 295756

European Outdoor plant #2

Attachment 295757

Attachment 295758

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Not getting ripped around here is the biggest thing. I'm really starting to belive the cops just don't bother cause they figure there's less work for them if they just leave it to the theives. (Maybe if they just followed the thieves around they'd learn how to find them better, heaven forbid)!
    --- Dude! That's a lot of herbage, combining your last 2 harvest pics! If we start hearing less from you, or your spelling goes to hell in a hand basket, we'll know why!
    --- Speaking of hearing less from someone....Since 'his' pics clearly showed his plants nearly against the back wall of his house, I had hoped he was in a area that allowed a patient their own medical grow. Apparently not... concerned. ( his last post was something like Sept 24th)

~~~~ PEACE! ~~~~

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Nice....that should get ya through the winter.....we there yet?

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Winter? Just around the corner. Frosty mornings this week. We've had an excellent grow season right into Autumn. It was wet in May-June but I put my plants out late and it worked out well. Four plants total of around 30 oz of dry, trimmed bud.

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Congratulations on a great harvest Shov! For me, later is always better. Reason being, plant munching baby animals. Guess you've all seen I'd sooner chop off my arm than harm an animal, so I just use timing as a way to work around this. I've not seen mention of this on the forum, so I'm going to drop a few hints now for the 'younguns' who like to follow your threads, since I'm sure you already know what I'm talking about. When momma rabbit first brings out her bunnies to graze (& groundhogs), they're looking for the tenderest greens. If one sets out their grow as small tender seedlings, well, your just asking for it & they're fair game. So I grow mine under fluorescents in 1gal nursery pots untill the stems are tuffer & more fiberous & set them out around June 1st. This timing allows for the roots to establish themselves & the plants to be in rapid growth for the longer daylight period, summer equinox (longest day of the year) falling June 19th-21st. Combine this with the fact the little munchers will no longer find your plants appealing, it's a win win situation. Deer are another matter. They require repellants which can be found at farm supply stores & some nurseries. Sorry I'm sometimes so long winded, but it's hard for me to pass up an opportunity to protect Mother Earths tiny babbies & green growers too! Hope this tidbit helps us all get along! ~~~ PEACE! ~~~

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

I don't harm a fly. My visitor (yellowjacket) must have croaked as it's not around anymore. I killed a wolf spider last winter when it scared me and I didn't care for doing that. Even hornets and wasps I catch and turn loose outdoors. Snails have been my main outdoor pest the last few years.

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Something to try... go to concentrates & click on the waxtractor thread, click on their facebook link. I really want one of these!-----The butane method is how my ex set the woods on fire, but we're not dumb enough to try to evaporate butane over an open fire! LOL! There's 2 ways I do it. Set pyrex on a soil heating mat, or use a regular heating pad set on low.
    --- Hope Ranger sees this. I want to bring it to his attention when he comes back! I signed up to win a free one. If I win, I'll be doing my happy dance while sliding down my cane like a stripper on a pole!!! & LMAO the whole time! ~~~ PEACE! ~~~

11.   Advertisements

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast