Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1582 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

I have been keeping an eye on the plants. The Euro outdoor plants, five in a row next to corn has shown three females today, the middle and both end plants. If the other two were males I'd still be grateful. Remember, these barely made it into the ground six weeks ago. The first batch of beans were duds and I had to wait for the replacements. Five, tiny, one week old seedlings out in the rugged outdoors and they are all splendid specimens. One has thirteen sectioned leaves. They all have stunning foliage and are taller and bushier than the two plants with the big head start, the Shit and NL5 x Sk1. Two week photo update in another week.

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

So I take it you would recommend that Mr Nice European outdoor for a North East grower. Always looking for a good performing strain for next year.

3.   Advertisements

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Quote Originally Posted by built2spill
    So I take it you would recommend that Mr Nice European outdoor for a North East grower. Always looking for a good performing strain for next year.
    Not yet, I wouldn't. this is my first grow with this strain. I've not seen it grow. I don't know how it finishes. I don't know how it smokes. Stay tuned, I'll complete this grow log thread with grow and smoke reviews. Probably by Thanksgiving we'll have a pretty good idea, if the grow goes to completion. Fingers crossed.

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Dumped degradable cat litter around compost pile, sure deterred raccoons and opossum, but now there's this big Tom cat.

Bet it'll make for a nice holiday, whenever.

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

I don't remember if I posted any of the information on their organic diet. I recently ran out of Age Old - Bloom solution so I took the road trip to Green Thumb Hydroponics to get some. Of course while I was there I had to restock what I need for my next indoor grow as well. Grow bags, Plant Success (Mycorrizhae), Excelerite (minerals), Max Crop (kelp), Perlite, AO Bloom, Earth Juice Meta-K (Potash/potassium). I buy Espoma dehydrated manure and Plant-Tone locally. I have an extra large tote of finished compost. So along with the soil I will be reusing that is my recipe for organic indoor growing.

Back on point. I have feed these outdoor plants a compost tea w/molasses twice during veg. I also gave them a dose of cal-mag. Now they are in preflower and they get the Age Old - Bloom. In a few days I'll give them a dose of Earth Juice Meta-K w/molasses. I'll continue with AO Bloom, EJ Meta K and molasses until they are finishing.

Shitty update photographs later this week.

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Carefully checking to day I would a single male flower just ready to open. I removed the bugger and after a good look over found that the single flower was the only one. Good catch!
    The last undetermined plant is showing bumps low on the node, characteristic of the male preflower. It's a shame he can't be used. He has that 13 sectioned leaf pattern. But I'm getting out of growing my own crosses (and accidents) (seeds) and go back to growing out more proven strain from good breeders. I bought a gram of these Euro seeds and I'm growing out the first five so I'm good for a while for outdoor.

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

It is too bad you can't find a way to use some of that male pollen. Sounds like it has some good characteristics.

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhandle
    I don't remember if I posted any of the information on their organic diet. I recently ran out of Age Old - Bloom solution so I took the road trip to Green Thumb Hydroponics to get some. Of course while I was there I had to restock what I need for my next indoor grow as well. Grow bags, Plant Success (Mycorrizhae), Excelerite (minerals), Max Crop (kelp), Perlite, AO Bloom, Earth Juice Meta-K (Potash/potassium). I buy Espoma dehydrated manure and Plant-Tone locally. I have an extra large tote of finished compost. So along with the soil I will be reusing that is my recipe for organic indoor growing.

Back on point. I have feed these outdoor plants a compost tea w/molasses twice during veg. I also gave them a dose of cal-mag. Now they are in preflower and they get the Age Old - Bloom. In a few days I'll give them a dose of Earth Juice Meta-K w/molasses. I'll continue with AO Bloom, EJ Meta K and molasses until they are finishing.

Shitty update photographs later this week.
    No worn castings or glacier dust? Ever use alfalfa meal, Vit C? Check out "Earth Juice" bat guano you won't believe what that stuff does.

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Quote Originally Posted by built2spill
    It is too bad you can't find a way to use some of that male pollen. Sounds like it has some good characteristics.
    Fertilizing

:thumbsup:
    Keeping pain at bay 24/7©:thumbsup:

Shov Summer '13 Outdoor

Quote Originally Posted by lipps
    Ever use alfalfa meal,
    I'd be wary of using the alfalfa meal, if I were growing on the edge of a cornfield. There is likely a good deal of nitrogen available, already in the soil.
    Maybe add a little when making a tea, but that's it. The Triacontanol in the alfalfa meal seems to encourage fox-tailing in flower. Comfrey is a better choice, once flowering begins.
    Cannabis is pretty touchy when it comes to too much N in flower, and with the hormones in the alfalfa the fox-tailing could be epic!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast