Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1680 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Moving To San Diego From NYC / Please Help Me With Medical MJ

Hello,

This is my first post so please excuse me if it is in the wrong thread.

As mentioned in the subject line I am moving to SD from NYC in the near future. I am getting anxious about having my supply chain interrupted but that is how it goes when you move. My doctor has been prescribing me Marinol for over 10 years and while it works in some situations it doesn't do what it needs to all the time. Also there are dosage issues with it.

I'd like to set myself up to receive my legal MJ card and information on prices and where to go PRIOR to arriving in SD. I've heard that the FEDs have been closing down the shops and that a lot of people have now changed to a delivery service. How do I find out about these services and what do you think is in the future for medical MJ in Southern California ? Do you think it will become illegal again ?

When you rent an apartment do you mention your legal MJ status ?

I really appreciate the help.

There is a lot of misinformation IMO regarding Marinol. I would be happy to answer any questions if anyone needs it.
    Chrizzz Reviewed by Chrizzz on . Moving To San Diego From NYC / Please Help Me With Medical MJ Hello, This is my first post so please excuse me if it is in the wrong thread. As mentioned in the subject line I am moving to SD from NYC in the near future. I am getting anxious about having my supply chain interrupted but that is how it goes when you move. My doctor has been prescribing me Marinol for over 10 years and while it works in some situations it doesn't do what it needs to all the time. Also there are dosage issues with it. I'd like to set myself up to receive my legal Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Greetings Chrizzz,

In order to receive a physician's recommendation for mmj in San Diego, you need to show proof that you are a California resident. Then you can use the recommendation letter to make your purchase at any collective or delivery service in CA. That works fine for many people. But you may consider taking the next step which is using your recommendation letter to obtain a California State marijuana identification card. Here is the link for information to obtain this card in San Diego: http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/mmp/...ntsrespon.aspx

Although getting a CA State ID card for marijuana is optional and probably somewhat intimidating to volunteer to put your name on a State registry of marijuana users, there is a legal advantage to having the card. If you only have the doctor's recommendation and have police contact while in possession of a substantial amount of mmj, it is in the police officer's discretion to arrest, cite or ignore. But under current law, holders of the State issued cards are given increased immunity from arrest. See: CA Medical Marijuana Id Card Program - FAQ

Your next question is about where to find legal mmj. There are many ads and websites online and you may wish to check weedmaps.com
    As far as the future of mmj in CA, yes I an confident that it will be legal in the near future. There is strong momentum toward cannabis legalization.

Whether to mention mmj on a rental application or not probably depends on the particular situation.

I hope this information is helpful. San Diego is a wonderful place. You will enjoy it!

Edward

Quote Originally Posted by Chrizzz
    Hello,

This is my first post so please excuse me if it is in the wrong thread.

As mentioned in the subject line I am moving to SD from NYC in the near future. I am getting anxious about having my supply chain interrupted but that is how it goes when you move. My doctor has been prescribing me Marinol for over 10 years and while it works in some situations it doesn't do what it needs to all the time. Also there are dosage issues with it.

I'd like to set myself up to receive my legal MJ card and information on prices and where to go PRIOR to arriving in SD. I've heard that the FEDs have been closing down the shops and that a lot of people have now changed to a delivery service. How do I find out about these services and what do you think is in the future for medical MJ in Southern California ? Do you think it will become illegal again ?

When you rent an apartment do you mention your legal MJ status ?

I really appreciate the help.

There is a lot of misinformation IMO regarding Marinol. I would be happy to answer any questions if anyone needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wicker Law
    Greetings Chrizzz,

In order to receive a physician's recommendation for mmj in San Diego, you need to show proof that you are a California resident. Then you can use the recommendation letter to make your purchase at any collective or delivery service in CA. That works fine for many people. But you may consider taking the next step which is using your recommendation letter to obtain a California State marijuana identification card. Here is the link for information to obtain this card in San Diego: http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/mmp/...ntsrespon.aspx

Although getting a CA State ID card for marijuana is optional and probably somewhat intimidating to volunteer to put your name on a State registry of marijuana users, there is a legal advantage to having the card. If you only have the doctor's recommendation and have police contact while in possession of a substantial amount of mmj, it is in the police officer's discretion to arrest, cite or ignore. But under current law, holders of the State issued cards are given increased immunity from arrest. See: CA Medical Marijuana Id Card Program - FAQ

Your next question is about where to find legal mmj. There are many ads and websites online and you may wish to check weedmaps.com
    As far as the future of mmj in CA, yes I an confident that it will be legal in the near future. There is strong momentum toward cannabis legalization.

Whether to mention mmj on a rental application or not probably depends on the particular situation.

I hope this information is helpful. San Diego is a wonderful place. You will enjoy it!

Edward
    Edward,

Hello and thank you for the response.

I am a little confused about the recommendation letter and what it allows me to do. I plan on having my doctor who prescribes me MARINOL write a letter of recommendation that I have access to MMJ and the reasons that he has been prescribing me the Marinol. I would also have proof of my MARINOL scripts (dating back a while) and payment receipts that go through my insurance company. To prove residency I would first have access to a signed lease in my name and/or a current utility bill in my name. Eventually I would have a CA drivers license but that might take a while. Will this be an issue you think ?

I make an appt with a local doctor/dispensary and take it from there. Does this sound like the right way to go about it ?

I have read quite a lot of information online but it's different when you actually do it.

My main concern would be to get the recommendation requirements in order.

*** Are there different requirements to getting a state issued ID compared to approval by a dispensary and have people who have been approved by an independent doctor be turned down by the state ? This is an interesting scenario. What if the state turns you down but you already are involved with a coop somewhere ? The state would then know this personal information about you.

YES San Diego seems like a great place to live. I've been going down there for 12 years to visit. I might as well just stay down there.

Thank You for your help.