Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1647 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

From seedlings to harvest..

Spouted on april 1st. Used miracle grow potting soil. Barely any nutes, just FF grow big every once n awhile, but I really didnt like the burn and deficiencies it would cause. Mostly just water and sun. Two are an unknown purple sativa, and the mini christmas tree is a grand daddy purple indica that is 2 weeks or so younger. In the next few weeks I'll be transplanting the unknowns into 20g smart pots with FF ocean forest soil, and for flowering nutes, ill be using some fox farm organic stuff. FF Big Bloom, FF Happy Frog Fruit and Flower, and a calcium/magnesium supplement.

Instead of posting all my pictures I threw them into a short video.

Growing Cannabis: Seedlings to 10 weeks old - YouTube

Week 7 veg

Outdoor grow week 7 veg - YouTube

Week 8 veg

Week 8 Veg Update - YouTube

Week 10 veg

Week 10 Veg Update - YouTube

A storm that Ive been dealing with for the past 3 days.

Violent Gusts attack 10 week old Cannabis plants - YouTube

They are still vegging, but I will update more often when they start to flower. Peace. :smokin:
    MrGrowBig Reviewed by MrGrowBig on . From seedlings to harvest.. Spouted on april 1st. Used miracle grow potting soil. Barely any nutes, just FF grow big every once n awhile, but I really didnt like the burn and deficiencies it would cause. Mostly just water and sun. Two are an unknown purple sativa, and the mini christmas tree is a grand daddy purple indica that is 2 weeks or so younger. In the next few weeks I'll be transplanting the unknowns into 20g smart pots with FF ocean forest soil, and for flowering nutes, ill be using some fox farm organic stuff. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

So here's the list of supplies I need, two 20 gallon smartpots, 3 bags of ocean forest soil, ph tester, fox farm big bloom, fox farm happy frog fruit and flower, calmag, bamboo sticks, a good pair of trimming scissors, a drying rack, and Ive really been needing some clone gel. But I dont have the spare cash to get everything and I dont want to make multiple trips to the hydro store.

So I said screw it and took a few lower cuttings, threw them in plain tap water, and put them under a florescent light running on a 24/7 cycle. My goal is to get 3 clones.

I took one from each plant, and they are all the lowest weakest branches. Each cutting was done differently, one was cut short with just a few top leaves left, another was cut long with just top leaves, and the third was cut at a medium length with most of the leaves left on.

I have some pics from 5 hours ago and pics from right now. and so far the middle cutting has reacted the most and is already bending towards the light.

Before

Attachment 292581Attachment 292582

After

Attachment 292584Attachment 292585Attachment 292583

This is my first attempt ever with clones and its some what an experiment to see which cut gets the best results without using a cloning gel. If the cuttings root, I will put them in small pots and keep them under the florescent light until they reach about 1-2 foot tall. Then I will throw them outdoors with their parents so they start to flower. If anything I hope to get at least another 0.5-1 ounce per clone. I wish I wouldve done this much earlier in the season but I never got around to it. And if the cuttings dont make it, oh well, I needed to trim the lower branches anyways because they weren't doing my bigger plants any good.

For any of you that have experience with using the water cloning method (cannabis only), any criticism is welcome.

Week 11 Update and another update on the 1 day old cuttings. Sorry for the links, since Im a new member I'm not allowed to embed my videos.

Growing Cannabis: Week 11 Veg Update - YouTube

Attachment 292597

I had a 100% success rate with the three clones but the only one in soil so far is the the middle one because it sprouted the most roots the quickest and the others dont have enough to support them selves outdoors. But I had so much fun doing them, i decided to do another 20 or so lol.

This time I decided to do it the more expensive way. I bought a bunch of little rockwool cubes, a tray with a humidity dome, and Im using clonex for the cloning gel. I took all my cuttings, let the stems soak in water for about 5 min, dipped them in clonex, put them individually into their own rockwool cube, then let the cubes soak in water with a ph of 5.5. After that I put them in the tray and I put them under 2 t-8 florescent lamps on a 24 hour light cycle. I did end up putting the 2 other original ones in rockwool instead of the water (the tall one in the back and the other one in the back left corner of the tray), but they had already sprouted roots, so if dont want to spend money on supplies I would recommend the water method because I was 100% successful already, it just takes a lot longer.

Attachment 292943Attachment 292944Attachment 292946

As for the mother plants, I transplanted them into 30g smart pots with fox farm ocean forest soil. I also got a good ph control kit finally, so hopefully they take in nutes more efficiently and quit yellowing.
    The run off water had a ph of 7.8 before lol now its at 6.5-6.8 which is damn near perfect.
    These pictures were taken today in 99°F weather, so that's why they seem so droopy. And let me point out the bamboo fencing i put up.. I put it up so it sits 2 feet higher than my 6 foot fence. And my tallest plant is already trying to peek its head over!! LOL!

Oh yea! I forgot to mention that I talked to my buddy that gave me the bag seeds, he said it was purple lights. its a cross between northern lights and train wreck, so my 2 unknowns or no longer unknown! lol :thumbsup:

Attachment 292950Attachment 292947Attachment 292949Attachment 292948

I have some good and bad news.

The good news, the plants are freakin huge because of their new homes. And Im still at a 100% Success rate with my clones and all of them are now outside in red solo cups.

The bad news, my 2 plants, (the third one [the short bushy christmas tree lol] isnt mine), anyways, my 2 plants have mysterious markings and discoloration on the leaves :wtf:

Please read carefully.
    I started to notice some leaves with white marks on the lowest branches and I immediately thought it was mites, so I sprayed them with neem oil. The next day the "infected" leaves got even worse, which caught me off guard. I waited another day and I saw that the "infection" was starting to spread, each leaf that had the marks starting to turn yellow, and these weird black marks started to appear, they almost look like over spray from black spray paint... Since it got worse I sprayed them again with neem oil.. But then the next day, today, The white marks are still spreading and the black marks are too, some are even on the main branches. I dont know what to do, I thought the white marks were bite marks but now im starting to think its some type of mildew or mold, because it is getting worse after i spray not better, and I havent seen any type of mites or bugs yet.. Please take a look at the pictures and let me know if you know what this is, and how to get rid of it.

Attachment 293376Attachment 293377Attachment 293378Attachment 293379Attachment 293380

Ok Im pretty Sure I found out what it is, I had a problem with Thrips very early on and all they did was one little bite mark on a few leaves and then they disappeared, so I figured it was no big deal. But out of curiousity I looked up Thrip Infestation on google images and this is what I found.. I am kinda thankful that its not mites or mildew/mold, because thrips are a lot easier to get rid of when you find them at such an early stage.

The white is what the have eaten, and the black is their shit :wtf: looks exactly like my infested leaves.
    Attachment 293387 Attachment 293388

Now that I know whats causing the damage, the next step is to figure out how to get rid of them for good. Time to do some research :smokin:

Tomorrow Ill try to get a pic of the thrips and Ill show you my 8 foot giants lol :thumbsup:

I found the nasty buggers :wtf:
    This is one of the worst looking leaves I have found.

Attachment 293397Attachment 293398

My friend is bringing me some Monterey Garden Spray. I think its like $10 - $15 at home depot and it contains Spinosad. The spinosad is what kills the Thrips. Im going to give them a good shower with it, then in 2 days I will respray to kill any eggs that might have hatched, then I might even spray again 2 days after that just to make sure. I have read Spinosad also works good against mites and catepillars too.

Anyways heres a pic of half of the clones I have, I forgot to get a pic of the rest but I will next time.

Attachment 293399

And here are the monsters lol

I measured them and this one is 8 feet tall

Attachment 293400

This one is alot bushier and it still measured out at 7 feet

Attachment 293401

And this one is just under 6 feet

Attachment 293402

Let me remind you that those are 30GALLON smart pots, I cant even wrap my arms around one and they make them look like 5 gallon buckets :smokin:

I forgot to mention that almost half of the clones were takin from the unused part of a cutting. What I mean by that is for a clone, I would cut a 5 - 10 inch branch off, at the node of a main branch. (These little 5 - 10 inch branches dont produce a lot of bud and take up alot of the energy, so i just snip the whole thing off). Then growers would usually cut it in half and only use the top half of it for a clone. Then I figured why not try and clone the unused part as well and if it works it will start out as 2 tops, just like when u top a plant.

Top half

Attachment 293404

Bottom Half

Attachment 293403

You can see between the 2 tops where the first clone was takin from.
    The "bottom half" literally started out as a stem with one little leaf, thats it. The tops are all new growth that wasnt there before.
    Every single cutting rooted and they are all super healthy, and I was surprised to find out that the "bottom half" clones, actually rooted faster and grew alot faster too!

The lesson from all of this, if you clone a lot and you only use the tops, and you throw the rest away thinking u cant clone it, DONT! Use the unused portion of the cutting so you can get 2 clones out of 1 branch! Even if its just a stem with no leaves, just try it! I had a 100% success rate. :thumbsup:

I am almost 100% sure that my 8 foot northern lights x train wreck has turned out to be male :chainsaw:

As I was spraying it i had to get on a ladder to spray the very tops and this is what I found.. Im glad I saw it before the sacks got even more developed.. Ive never had or seen a male before, so I cant really tell if its a male or a hermie, either way I moved it to the other side of the house for now and Ill probably leave it be for another few days to see what happens.. Luckily I took all my clones from my other one that has preflowered and is female for sure.

Attachment 293453 Attachment 293454

But it really sucks because now I only have 1 plant and the other one is my friends, plus all the clones we took from them.
    I only have one chance left, hopefully pests and stuff will leave her alone because shes all I have . And hopefully I yield a good amount from each clone to kinda make up for the loss of this plant.

that's a shame it's a male.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast