Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1783 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

From seedlings to harvest..

Are the dying leaves wilting from the bottom to the top or opposite? If from bottom it could be simple N def? Nice looking 25 G container. Big girlie!! Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhandle
    I would take a chance and spray with neem based antifungal. I use Safer brand products. They make a few different insect killing soaps and fungus killing soap. If I couldn't find that immediately I'd try hydrogen peroxide and water with a drop or two of dish detergent.
    The thing is, I sprayed them with neem and monterey organic thrip spray when I first noticed the problem. It did kill the thrips but im not sure if it made the brown leaves worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Esteban1
    Are the dying leaves wilting from the bottom to the top or opposite? If from bottom it could be simple N def? Nice looking 25 G container. Big girlie!! Peace
    The brown starts from the middle/top of the leaf and works its way out until the leaf is completely dry. The bottom of the leaves dont seem to be affected until the very last moment.

Im feeding them the same as the mother plant and the ph of the soil is the same too... But the mother doesnt have the browning leaves, only the clones do, which is really strange.. I also noticed the brown spots dont show up on the "sugar leaf" or "bud leaf".. only on the mature fan leaves.

3.   Advertisements

Clones (Northern Lights x Trainwreak)-

I took pictures of seperate leaves to try and show you the three stages of the "mold" before the leaf finally dies. It only takes 1-2 days for a leaf to go from stage 1 to 3.

Stage 1
    Attachment 294400

Stage 2
    Attachment 294401

Stage 3
    Attachment 294402

Anyone have any idea what is causing this? Ph is 6.8. I only feed every other or every third watering. Please help.

Mother Plant (Northern Lights x Trainwreak)-

My thread isn't very interesting so I thought I should post some more flower pics to keep u here :jointsmile:

Just a small top starting to frost up
    Attachment 294403

Look at the bulky cola in the background :thumbsup:
    Attachment 294404

I thought this pic came out really cool, the buds don't look that purple but the camera decided to do its own special effects. :jointsmile:
    Attachment 294405

Week 5 Flower Update - Purple Lights (Northern Lights x Trainwreck)

Been feeding Fox Farm nutrients for a week. I'm going to continue feeding Big Bloom every other watering, but I'm going to cut back on the tiger bloom to every 4th watering because I'm scared of the infamous "tiger burn", and I'm already noticing a little discoloration in the very tips of the leaves.

When you squeeze a bud and smell your fingers it has that very sweet skunky smell that most purple kushs have, with a mix of sweet pine which is from the Northern lights.

The more I think about it, the more impatient I get to harvest :jointsmile:

ZOOM in to really see the frost :thumbsup:

Attachment 294454 Attachment 294455 Attachment 294456 Attachment 294457

The healthy plants look great, congrats! The discolored leaves and then the browning looks like nute burn, since you weren't feeding them much before and then loaded them with all those nutes it looks like you shocked them. This year is my best year growing and I decided to use FF Big Bloom and Grow big while vegging and used a little Tiger Bloom when flowering but I guess I used too much on one plant and she immediately started willting and was dead in 5 days even tho I was flushing every day, I think I gave her root rot.. On the Indicas that I used Overdrive on the colas have totally bulked up maybe double in size.

I was going to post to you before about the brown shit on the leaves because that's exactly what it is.... when I see that on my lime tree it is shit from the aphids the ants have put on there. But you discovered the thrips so I guess that is what you have. In growing my plants totally outdoors I have never ever had an insect problem. If I did I would use diatomaceous earth all around the soil and dust the leaves, that seems to kill any and all insects .... will even keep fleas out of your carpet and off of your pets. It's cheap and non toxic, just don't inhale it.

The flowers are frosting up nicely, but I'd really like to bulk them up with flower hardener. They still have another 6 weeks til harvest.

Attachment 294498

I can't get a handle on the droopy/yellow leaves... I usually don't have any yellowing until week 8 of flower, but this plant has had it since the middle of veg stage.

Attachment 294499

It seems very temper-mental/unpredictable.
    Honestly one of the hardest strains I've worked with, and I probably wont grow it again.

thats one scary looking bud at the the hairs look like tenticals, also i like your big Bertha plant you have on the bottom excellent

I know I said I wasn't going to update you on these anymore but I cant resist. :jointsmile:

Grand Daddy x Purple Kush

Clones-

I have 11 clones shoved into that 8'x3' space. :jointsmile: and the hole is about 3' deep.
    There was 12, but one was mysteriously broken in half and died... Im pretty sure it was my dog being nosy. :wtf:
    These are doing 1000x better than my purple lights clones..

Attachment 294526

Attachment 294527

Mother-

If all goes well, each cola/top will produce around 1-2ounces :greenthumb:

Attachment 294528

Frosty :food10:
    Attachment 294529

[quote=MrGrowBig]I know I said I wasn't going to update you on these anymore but I cant resist. :jointsmile:

Grand Daddy x Purple Kush

Clones-

I have 11 clones shoved into that 8'x3' space. :jointsmile: and the hole is about 3' deep.

Then put into soft pot(geo) on top of trench for protection, roots go through pot into special trench nature's overdrive l

I was tying up some of the low branches this morning and this little leaf caught my eye. Luckily I didnt miss it because I believe those are caterpillar eggs.

Attachment 294775Attachment 294776Attachment 294777

After a google search I found this page, which seems to have the same exact eggs. Sorry my phone doesn't zoom in as good as those pictures, but when I look at the leaf threw a magnifying glass, the little pattern on top of the eggs is the same.

treeblog | treeblog alders host to caterpillars and insect eggs

Every year little silk worms fly down from the oak trees and leave a bunch of webbing all over the house. I wonder if they have anything to do with it.

I have Safer brand caterpillar killer, but I'm kinda nervous to spray the plants now. Will it effect the quality or taste of the buds??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast