Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1677 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

From seedlings to harvest..

Ouch, I feel your pain.

:wtf:
    Keeping pain at bay 24/7©:thumbsup:

2.   Advertisements

That's why I personally play a numbers game & if there are males, Hermies & other issues preventing a decent crop it will always pan out. Peace

:thumbsup:

I should've known, I started the 2 purple lights from bag seed, and the buds were very ripe.. And from what Ive heard, when you have a female almost ready to harvest and it gets pollinated, the chances of the seeds being male are more likely then when the female is pollinated very early on in its flowering stage. O well, I am going to use the 30 gallons of soil for my 6 purple light clones so they have 5gallons each. I only have a few weeks until the females start flowering so Ill probably do it today. Which means, RIP for the big guy.

How's the new batch of clones? Peace

:thumbsup:

***Sorry I haven't updated in awhile, i hate when i do this because I have to type a lot haha bare with me..***

Clones (Northern Lights x Trainwreak)-

The clones are doing great, they're all around 2 feet tall, some 3 feet. They grew a lot bigger than I thought, because for some reason they took longer to switch into flower. Even though I put them outside after being on a 24/7 light cycle indoors. But they are only about 2 weeks into flowering.
    Another thing that's kinda strange is they only have 3 blade leaves. The mother plant has up to 8 blade leaves, but for some reason all the clones only produce the 3 blades. Its almost like they are mutated haha.... Unfortunately I don't have any pics tonight, but I will post some tomorrow when everyone is awake..

Mother Plant (Northern Lights x Trainwreak)-

She is about 4 weeks into flower.
    For the past 4 weeks she has only got ph'd water and i think the buds are doing pretty good without nutrients, but its time to finally bulk up haha

Attachment 294287Attachment 294288Attachment 294289Attachment 294290

Nutrients-

I just bought flowering nutrients today (I know, I'm slacking :icon506.. I bought Fox farm tiger bloom, FF happy frog (which is an organic top dressing), and FF big bloom.. I'm also using some older nutrients called "Humboldt's own" gravity, and snow storm ultra.. I am going to feed all of the plants their flowering nutes for the first time tomorrow.. I'm starting with a very low dose for all of the liquid nutes, until they work up a tolerance for them(probably like 1.5-2 weeks).

Pests/health-

So far I have only had thrips, but i used Monterey Garden insect spray with spinosad, and it kills them in a day..
    As far as health goes, the clones are super healthy, but the mother plant has lost A LOT of leaves because of heat stress and malnutrition..
    The heat was so bad one day that i came home and the 2 main tops (I only topped her once) had split apart and the branches were nearly horizontal!!! I thought she was dead.. I immediately tied and duct-taped them back together and she is doing fine, I didn't even notice a change in growth or anything! luckily it didn't even phase her..

Tomorrow I will post up pictures of the clones, the damage on the mother, how i staked and tied her for support, etc. Stay Tuned! Happy growing :smokin:

Clones (Northern Lights x Trainwreak)-

Out of the 20 clones me and my friend did, only 6 of them were mine, and from now on Im not updated u guys on any of his things, sorry about that.
    But anyways, heres the 6. The yellowing isn't a deficiency, thats where they got infected with Thrips and I just never pulled the leaves off. They are still pretty thin but Im hoping the new nutrients will help that.

Attachment 294301Attachment 294302

Mother Plant (Northern Lights x Trainwreak)-

The picture doesnt really show it, but in person she actually looks very healthy.. The yellowed leaves are whats left from the heat stress and malnutrition. And the red circle is where the tops split apart from too much heat and bud weight.. The stakes are old tent poles :jointsmile:

Attachment 294304Attachment 294303

Nutrients-

I'm not sure if this to many different nutes, but I'm going to try my best not to burn my girls..
    I mixed in the Happy frog last night and I could already tell the difference this morning.

Attachment 294305

Any tips or criticism is welcome. :smokin:

All the clones started getting these little brown spots near the veins 2 days before I bought nutrients. I thought it was a calcium deficiency, so I thought it would go away after I fed them. But its just getting worse. This is only day 5 since Ive noticed the issue and it has almost taken over the entire crop of clones. Im scared if its mold that it will spread to our mother plants so I need to know what you guys would do.

Attachment 294354Attachment 294355

are these from clones?

Are the clones taken from clones? No, they are from my purple lights plant which is from bag seed.

I would take a chance and spray with neem based antifungal. I use Safer brand products. They make a few different insect killing soaps and fungus killing soap. If I couldn't find that immediately I'd try hydrogen peroxide and water with a drop or two of dish detergent.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast