Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1668 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Production License Site Visit

Hi all. I am a registered MMJ Patient here in New Mexico. I applied for a personal production license this week.

What was the site visit like for you? Did they call ahead of time, or just arrive unannounced? How noisy were they?

Thanks.
    Insolint Reviewed by Insolint on . Production License Site Visit Hi all. I am a registered MMJ Patient here in New Mexico. I applied for a personal production license this week. What was the site visit like for you? Did they call ahead of time, or just arrive unannounced? How noisy were they? Thanks. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Just because you applied for your production license will not cause a site visit.I am not aware of any site visits by DOH but if they did want to do one they would set up a time to come over to check your grow site.

Thank you.

there is NO onsite visit for PPL's. The best way to insure approval is to be real specific and detailed when filling out the application. if possible add pictures of your home and surrounding aread and of the grow room. A map to your home is also recommended. Now the mao is not to go visit for approval its to help them to see where you home is located for approval purposes. But mind you a home visit can be requested at any time if the DOH felt you were not obeying the rules or something like that..
    iv been helping patients in NM get there cannabis cards and PPL licenses for over 3years now and not one of them has ever had a home visit.

Although DOH is SUPPOSED to conduct site visits for patients, they don't at this time. There just isn't enough personnel to send out to over 3,000 PPL holders. However, I think the producers are going to start pushing DOH to do so simply because of all the patients who are not following the rules of the program and are diverting their personal grows to the street. Law enforcement is supposed to be called if anyone has any suspicions but most people aren't going to do anything for fear of retaliation.

I think that if the producers are going to start pushing anything it should be to be able to purchase from patients with ppls that are producing quality meds.And are tested for the same things the NPLPs are tested for.That would help in a couple of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by alfonso2002
    I think that if the producers are going to start pushing anything it should be to be able to purchase from patients with ppls that are producing quality meds.And are tested for the same things the NPLPs are tested for.That would help in a couple of ways.
    So true. I have had to flush good medicine to stay within the limits. What a waste.

As far as site visits, We've been on the program since its early days and have never heard of a site visit. I have made a point of acting as if I would be visited at any moment. I still think the days of site visits is near. Those of us who grow our own medicine, I'm afraid the day is coming when we will have to fight to keep that privelege.

Not sure myself but I had heard of someone telling someone that DOH had suspended issuing new ppls not sure it is true but am trying to find out if it is true will call doh and find out if it is true.I myself have not heard of too many incidents involving ppls.If we have to fight to keep our rights to grow I will be there. I would not mind a visit to check on compliance if they are checking ALL ppls. But I still think that producers should be able to purchase from ppls. P. S. Nice to hear from you allwx been a while The NMMCPA is getting back on track also I think they will have there new old website up soon still having meetings the third Sunday of the month I think they are planning a get together at some park here soon hope to see you there.

Hey Al... I've been until very recently holding court over at the NMMCPA forum, but nobody ever comes there anymore. So I've kind of gotten to checking in maybe every 3 or 4 days instead of every day. Looks like the thing is dead.

As far as PPL being issued, I know of one person who got their first PPL about 3 or 4 months ago. So at least that recently they were issuing PPL. I had not heard that they were suspending PPL issuance.

I have heard only two or three reports of trouble with PPL. In one case it was a lady in Abq growing 3 plants in her home. She had a patient license but had not applied for the PPL. Somebody ratted her out, the police came, confiscated her plants, and whatever else they did. Another couple of cases where people were being helped by caretakers outside the bounds of the rules, such as growing too many plants, growing outdoors where garden can clearly be seen from the public road, growing at caretaker's house instead of at patient's house. Etc. I've not yet heard of anyone having trouble from owning too much medicine, or giving it to others. I imagine those types of cases would arise from law enforcement rather than a DoH inspection. I'm pretty sure there are such cases, but I have not heard of them. I hope there are not many of those cases, because if there are then gov't officials who are opposed to the program might use that as pretext to shut down the PPL program and force everybody to buy from the non-profits. Yeccch!

I did find out with a call to DOH that they are not suspending the PPL's. Also talked about the shortages they are not hearing from the patients that they are having any problems getting there meds but they do know of the situation and are working on a plan to do something.Like I said I have not heard of many infractions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast