Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1514 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Greetings from Stanton CA

Old Guy in Stanton here. I'm a semi-retired (haven't been able to get a full time permanent job in almost 5 years) accountant. So since the economy doesn't want to cooperate and I'm 63, I've decided to just go with the flow.

I'd used pot a little bit as a teenager and college student back in the 60's and early 70's, but was never a stoner or druggie type. Pretty straight-laced and socially and morally conservative, actually, though my consciously chosen Libertarianism always allowed for drug legalization and live-and-let-live perspectives.

Signed up as a medical MJ patient due to my Glaucoma and also due to my 19 year old cat (see avatar pic) Devlyn, who suffers from arthritis pain. The money grubbing vets all want a small fortune to examine the cat (again - hey, guys, we know what's wrong from all the other $150 exams and $250 blood tests you've had us pay for) and another small fortune for pain meds that are expensive and don't work too well. I'm thinking that the cat can also profit from medical MJ.

I'm hoping to meet new friends here, and learn stuff.

OGIS
    Old Guy in Stanton Reviewed by Old Guy in Stanton on . Greetings from Stanton CA Old Guy in Stanton here. I'm a semi-retired (haven't been able to get a full time permanent job in almost 5 years) accountant. So since the economy doesn't want to cooperate and I'm 63, I've decided to just go with the flow. I'd used pot a little bit as a teenager and college student back in the 60's and early 70's, but was never a stoner or druggie type. Pretty straight-laced and socially and morally conservative, actually, though my consciously chosen Libertarianism always allowed for drug Rating: 5
    :thumbsup:

2.   Advertisements

So did you get a rec for the kitty? Which strain is his favorite?

Haven't figured out what to use on him, yet. Need to know more about pot, which is why I'm here. In general, I think I need to go with Indica, with as much CBD abd as little THC as possible. I also need *standardized* and tested doses (he's 7 pounds; an OD would be BAD).
    :thumbsup:

I like the way you think!
    Welcome aboard, Old guy from Stanton.
    See ya over on your cannabutter post.

Aloha nui and E Komo Mai
    Wee 'zard

Hey Old Guy from stanton. I don't know how much this will help but I have a friend that gives her dog (about 50 lbs.) a half medicine dropper of glycerin tincture twice a day in his food. The dog suffers from arthritis and the tincture seems to help him get around better. That dose works out to about 3 or 4 drops. The dog shows no signs of being a stoned puppy. I know what a stoned puppy looks like since my dog once ate a couple of ganja cookies. She was messed up til the next day. I felt so bad for her but she was no worse for wear the next day. GL with the cat.

Feel the same way about vets since insurance for animals is friggin ridiculous. I give my cat mmj & he loves it. Unfortunately my younger cat passed in Feb but gave him copious amounts of cannabis when ill & was comfortable/able to eat! Don't wanna get into the blood sucking docs recommendations for it would take way too long & don't wanna delve into it. For me it helps with daily pain (arthritis etc etc). Not sure what to recommend (sativa v indica or hybrid) but know heavy handed cbd mmj works for me. On a skunk strain now & feel no pain. Raising another crop of super skunk (can see my grow log for progress). Hope yo & ur pet feel better. Btw, an od is pretty much impossible. Peace
    Keeping pain at bay 24/7©:thumbsup:

Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook