Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1456 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

my new grow closet. any helpful tips?

so started my first grow recently. no real experience growing indoors. ive but together a basic grow room in a closet i have in my extra bedroom from ideas ive seen on the internert. i have two 55w cfl burning at 2500k that provide the red spectrum and two 23w daylight cfl's that burn at 5500k that provide the blue spectrum. i have an intake an sucking from under the cloet door and and exhaust fan pulling the heat out of the reflector box. ill post a few pics and tell me what you think. any tips and help much appreciated. also getting a slight yellow tint to my bottom two leaves. dont know what that is but the plant looks good overall.Attachment 292036Attachment 292037Attachment 292038Attachment 292039
    mattgreat Reviewed by mattgreat on . my new grow closet. any helpful tips? so started my first grow recently. no real experience growing indoors. ive but together a basic grow room in a closet i have in my extra bedroom from ideas ive seen on the internert. i have two 55w cfl burning at 2500k that provide the red spectrum and two 23w daylight cfl's that burn at 5500k that provide the blue spectrum. i have an intake an sucking from under the cloet door and and exhaust fan pulling the heat out of the reflector box. ill post a few pics and tell me what you think. any Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Looks good so far. You will need more and better quality light to get the plants to really grow well tho. Airflow should be alright. It's perfectly normal for the bottom leaves of a new plant to yellow and fall off. These plants will shed leaves as they grow, especially lower branch leaves. They loose them even faster as you approach harvest...all perfectly normal. Learn to read the plants and they will tell you what they need and when they need it! Good Luck!

what would you suggest as far a lighting? id really like to stay cfl for obvious reasons. ive seen a good bit of set up that at least appear to work quite well with cfl's. mybe just a differnt cfl setup?

They make cfl in different spectrum and wattage up to 200W. T5HO and T5VHO are another solution.

where can these be purchased?

In a secret store... we are not allowed to add live links to products on this site per the rules. HTG Supply is a start, ass-uming you're in the USA.