Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1468 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

2nd Grow.. Closet/Cabinate Setup

I germinated this Big Bang Auto seed from Greenhouse seed co. on Apr 25. By Apr 30th she was ready to transplant in to her seedling pot. I started her in a little pot on my windowsill. 2 weeks later she is about 3/4in tall with her 3rd set of leaves just starting to pop out.

I purchased a high power LED grow light (wasn't cheap) with the appropriate light spectrums that have been recommended for growing weed. So recently my brother and I made a space in a closet for her new grow room. We took a large cardboard box and spray glued aluminum foil to the inside walls. Then cut a hole in the top of the box for the light to fit in. Cut a doorway in the side of the box for easy access to water and check the plant.

We currently have her on a 12/12 light cycle. Hopefully this will be good for an Auto flower. I read somewhere that Auto's like 12/12 but, we will see. Another concern I have about our setup is the distance of the light from the plant. Right now the light is about 1.5ft away,The light should be strong enough where this wont be an issue for growing one plant. But, again we shall see... What do you guys think?

Also, obviously she has been transplanted in to her permanent growing pot. Using an organic soil from my local farming supply store.
    So..what do you think? will be be ok with this setup?? Anything we should change or should know/be mindful about?

FYI this is both our first indoor grow. I tried to grow outdoors last summer and failed miserably.

Attachment 291598Attachment 291599Attachment 291600Attachment 291601Attachment 291602Attachment 291603
    TrickySticky Reviewed by TrickySticky on . 2nd Grow.. Closet/Cabinate Setup I germinated this Big Bang Auto seed from Greenhouse seed co. on Apr 25. By Apr 30th she was ready to transplant in to her seedling pot. I started her in a little pot on my windowsill. 2 weeks later she is about 3/4in tall with her 3rd set of leaves just starting to pop out. I purchased a high power LED grow light (wasn't cheap) with the appropriate light spectrums that have been recommended for growing weed. So recently my brother and I made a space in a closet for her new grow room. We Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

2nd Grow.. Closet/Cabinate Setup

Correction, we are using Schultz Potting Soil. We started the seedling in the organic stuff but it held a lot of water for some reason. We also noticed mold spores on the bottom of the pot before we decided to transplant her into the Schultz. I purchased the Schultz potting soil at the same farming supply place. Read some good things about Schultz and the NPK seems to be a lot less than MG. Hopefully, with it being a little lighter on the plant it wont burn the roots.

So far so good :jointsmile: