Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1527 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

5gal bucket 6' tall

Hi all, not new to growing but I have an indoor grow with a plant that took off growing on me and i just topped it. It now stands 6'3.... And I didn't think of root space until now. Is a 5gal bucket allowing enough root space for the entire grow?if not shud I transplant? How long do the roots grow? Heres some pics. Any feedback greatly appreciatrd!
    knehiblazr Reviewed by knehiblazr on . 5gal bucket 6' tall Hi all, not new to growing but I have an indoor grow with a plant that took off growing on me and i just topped it. It now stands 6'3.... And I didn't think of root space until now. Is a 5gal bucket allowing enough root space for the entire grow?if not shud I transplant? How long do the roots grow? Heres some pics. Any feedback greatly appreciatrd! Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

5gal bucket 6' tall

how long has it been like that?

5gal bucket 6' tall

It's easy enough to find out.

First, poke your finger down from the top.
    Do you feel dirt, or roots?

Next, look at the drainage holes.
    Any escapees?
    No can tell?

Let 'er dry out a li'l bit, lay the bucket on it's side and roll it back n forth a couple times.
    That should loosen it.
    Then put down a plastic bag and gently pull on the stalk, to slide the rootball out for a look.
    If you see solid roots, it's time.

Looks like you have enough head room to "stack" it.
    When they are tall, but not wide, they respond to stacking very well.
    Drill a few 1" holes in the bottom of the bucket and set it on top of another bucket filled with fresh medium.
    No mess, no stress.

Hope you sexed it before you started, because "it look a like a man" to me.
    I'm just sayin'...

Aloha,
    Weezard

5gal bucket 6' tall

Bro, last season did my entire grow with 5 G containers & as Tony The Tiger sez it was Grrrrrrrrrrrrr8tttttt! If they're growing let'em be!! FYI, Weez has a point, appears a tad lean?

:thumbsup:
    Keeping pain at bay 24/7©:thumbsup:

5gal bucket 6' tall

i the distinct lack of light probably started the stretch and it does have a boyish shape goin on. low light levels can help males along thats why i was curious how long you have had it.

5gal bucket 6' tall

This plant was being taken care of sine small at a buddy a mines house under two small reflector lights...I had to rescue it once he sent me a pic! Since the move here its been growing at 1/2" a day and has been here for two weeks. Approx. 2 1/2 mo old and IS a female! Lmao I would not have rescued it if it wasn't. But the problem is he had no holes in the bucket so I just found that out and put some in. So no roots would b showing. Other than that I was afraid to poke around too much so I figured I'd stop in for some advice. @ Weez, I plan on doing jus that. Thanks for the info...ALSO...stacking ??? Only about 2' left head room in closet.

I LOVE MY LADIES TALL AND SLIM N THICK N ALL THE RIGHT PLACES ;P

5gal bucket 6' tall

Pardon... 3/1/2 mo old...