Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1559 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Hydroponic Supplements

Has anybody had any success adding homemade feeds, nutes etc to their hydro systems if so what and how?
    Or a combination of commercial or home recipes?
    Well Stoned Reviewed by Well Stoned on . Hydroponic Supplements Has anybody had any success adding homemade feeds, nutes etc to their hydro systems if so what and how? Or a combination of commercial or home recipes? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Hydroponic Supplements

bad juju.
    well, let's see... I tried adding eggshells once, for the calcium, and dog food for vitamins and minerals, but ended up with plants that had feathers and barked.

Hydroponic Supplements

I was thinking more on the lines of soluble or banana skins and orange peel suspended in a mesh bag in the res.?

Anybody any thoughts or tried this?

Hydroponic Supplements

interesting idea, but id wonder about what the downside might be. i could see some beneficial bacteria maybe, just curious if there might be some bad or fungal issues.

Hydroponic Supplements

Mal420xl You could be right and thanks for your input, that is why I was thinking more on the soluble track.
    I have a few ideas which I might try on the next grow and will post to the forum.

Hydroponic Supplements

I wouldn't bother. For anything to become a nutrient, it has to be broken down to the molecular level that roots can absorb. Any material that's like fruit peel would have to undergo complete rotting to be effective. That's why companies make hydro ferts - they work and do so quickly. A good example would be a compost pile in that it takes time for large organic bits to be broken down by bacteria so it can be used as a fertilizer. Hydro is much cleaner and pretty easy provided you stay as soluble as possible.

Hydroponic Supplements

Anybody tried this product
    TNC Molasses - Hydroponic/Horticultural Plant additive