Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1579 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

CannaButter

Hi All.
    Hope you guy can help on the below.

I attempted for the second time to make some cannabutter. I sorted through my weed and pulled the most scrawney stuff out which I chopped up. Prob about 2 grams.

I boiled some water then added 1/2 block of butter ( im in the uk so its about 100grams roughly).

After the butter had melted I reduced to simmer and added my chopped weed. And simmered stirring regualry for about 40 minutes to an hour.In this time a lot of the water seemed to evaporate.

I poured the mixture through a tea strainer into a dish and placed in the fridge. After a few hours the butter formed a greenish layer on the top with more yellower butter on the bottom.

I was already stoned, but ate the green buttter which seemed to have little effect.

Did I make the mixture correctly?

The yellowish butter I still have - Im thinking about saving that and going through the above recipe again and adding more weed, is that a cool ideas?
    GorillaSeedBank Reviewed by GorillaSeedBank on . CannaButter Hi All. Hope you guy can help on the below. I attempted for the second time to make some cannabutter. I sorted through my weed and pulled the most scrawney stuff out which I chopped up. Prob about 2 grams. I boiled some water then added 1/2 block of butter ( im in the uk so its about 100grams roughly). After the butter had melted I reduced to simmer and added my chopped weed. And simmered stirring regualry for about 40 minutes to an hour.In this time a lot of the water seemed to Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

CannaButter

too little weed try 7g at least dunno how well small amounts like that will do. or very little butter and no water unless you meant you put the butter in a pan thats sitting in boiling water? sounds like at best you got chlorophyll butter. there are tons of butter recipes that work well here so read on.

CannaButter

I give you props on eating straight butter man. To me, that stuff is nasty. I moved out of the US and had to learn a whole new set of measurement units. I use around 14g's per every 250g's of butter. I cook ALOT of butter now-a-days. It's a perk of homegrown and enjoying that hobby without the threat of legal action :thumbsup:. I usually at minimum simmer the butter and sensi for 3 hours. I'm not a weed scientist but from what i've read and learned so far is that the fat in the butter sucks out the THC in the finely ground ganja. 2 g's and 40 mins doesnt seem like an optimal choice, but buying and growing is two different stories.

They have some great recipe's on here for 1 or 2 grams instead of trying to waste it on butter. I would try to stick with those. Like a Firecracker recipe i saw on here didn't seem to need so much. When you do cook it up in butter though there will be evaporation with the longer it sits and stews. I'm not going to pretend to know tons on the matter, i can only assure you by telling you i've made butter quite a few times. I add a little water every now and then when it looks low. When ya cool it off it'll harden up and leave a nasty bit of water on the bottom you gotta soak out.