Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1885 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

butter/oil saturation?

anyone know at what level or rate butter can no longer absorb or break down the oil? or is it really more of a potency thing?
    Mal420xl Reviewed by Mal420xl on . butter/oil saturation? anyone know at what level or rate butter can no longer absorb or break down the oil? or is it really more of a potency thing? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

butter/oil saturation?

Talking about when you're over cooking/extraction details? Guess its all about heat x time? Personally go with like 40 min using gas. That's been a good number for me. Certainly don't wanna over cook, nasty taste.

:thumbsup:
    Keeping pain at bay 24/7©:thumbsup:

butter/oil saturation?

i dont really use heat for than melting the butter and keeping it liquid. i let the butter do its thing without much heat. takes a while but it works nice. just curious if there was saturation point where the butter can no longer render the oil soluble. like a stick of butter to a 1/4 ounce etc? so far i havent really found a max for say 2 sticks of butter. 1/4 ounce or a full ounce the only difference i have seen really is just how toasted i get and for how long. that and with a whole ounce you have to split it up into quarters or 2 sticks isnt enough to completely wet the herb down. run them thru one at a time, it works fine the butter gets pretty gnarly by the last one and tastes hideous unless you mask the crap out of it but its a damn nice ride.