Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1642 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

what should i do when i'm walkin around with bud on me and i get stopped by a cop?

hmmm thats a little tougher, it depends on if they have "probable cause" or "justifiable search and seizure" in ct or not. most states have "probable cause" it tends to be more restrictive of the two as far as just stopping and searching you. "justifiable search and seizure" makes it pretty ease to stop anyone for just about anything. when in doubt assume the worst case is the most likely case.

2.   Advertisements

what should i do when i'm walkin around with bud on me and i get stopped by a cop?

Possession for Personal Use

Possession of less than one-half ounce of marijuana by a first time offender carries a civil penalty of $150.
    Possession of less than one-half ounce for subsequent offenses carries a penalty of a civil fine between $200 and $500.

However, just handing it to a 17yr old can catch you 2 years.
    And yes, they most likely will call his parents.

Pipes and bongs can be more trouble than the weed.

Paraphernalia
    With the intent to use it to cultivate, distribute or inhale/ingest less than 1/2 oz civil infraction N/A $ 300
    With the intent to use it to cultivate, distribute or inhale/ingest more than 1/2 oz misdemeanor 3 mos $ 500
    Distributing paraphernalia or possessing with the intent to distribute misdemeanor 1 year $ 2,000
    Distributing or possessing paraphernalia within 1500 feet of an elementary/middle school is punishable by an additional 1 year of imprisonment.

If you still find that you need to be out and about while holding.
    Make sure you can "pass".
    Pants pulled up hat on front way 'round and if you see the law, ignore them.
    If you show interest in them, they may return the favor, yah?
    Smarter to roll a bunch of joints for outdoors and leave the paraphernalia someplace that requires a warrant.

'bout all I can tell you.
    I used to be in your shoes when it was 2-15 years for possession, and 30 years minimum for handing it to a minor
    Best of luck.

Wee'zard

Remember decrim does not equal legal. I also agree with Weezard don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Friendly advice time, be polite to the officer they are doing a job (b***s**t). Being polite has allowed me to walk a number of times. Also I recommend only carry what your willing to lose.

damn yeah im not trying to go to prison. and yeah i knew paraphenalia was a bigger crime thats why i try to avoid bringing a bowl. does a pack of papers count as paraphenalia? but anyway i dont usuall look suspiscious i dress fine (no sagging pants or hood or anythin sketchy) but late at night anything can look bad. thanks for all the good advice though

Quote Originally Posted by coneking1911
    if i did get stopped and the officer searched my bag
    What state you are in is irrelevant, because your fourth amendment rights trumps any state or local law that allows them to search your belongings without due process, probable cause, or consent.

If you are not being arrested or have cause to be arrested, you do not have to allow them to search your belongings. But remember to be courteous, provide your ID for identifying if requested, and they may ask what is in the bag but just say your personal belongings. If they ask if they can look at it, and they will likely try a tactic known to trick consent to waive your right with a double question such as, "You don't have anything to hide, right? You don't mind if I look in your bag?" to which you simply state "I do not give consent to search my bag." to where there is no ambiguity, no question, and clearly stated.

Quote Originally Posted by nascarmike
    Remember decrim does not equal legal. I also agree with Weezard don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Friendly advice time, be polite to the officer they are doing a job (b***s**t). Being polite has allowed me to walk a number of times. Also I recommend only carry what your willing to lose.
    THIS X 1000. And also remember the two magic questions:

"Officer, am I under arrest? If not, am I now free to leave?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12